1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

U of Texas - Austin - (Fall-2004) - (Pharm.D)

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by npp71681, Apr 24, 2004.

1. npp71681

npp71681 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi!

I am a pre-pharmacy student. I plan to attend University of Texas at Austin - pharmacy school in Fall-2005(Pharm.D). So, those of you who already accepted at University of Texas for Fall-2004(Pharm.D) can you tell me that what is your overall GPA, when did you apply, when you took PCAT, what is your PCAT score, what classes did you took as (Pre-requisities), when you had your interview, how was your interview, how did you get help in writing your essay, when did you submitte your essay, what was your background(did you volunteer, work in a pharmacy, joined to any clubs or organizations during your pre-pharmacy years), how many students applied this year for Fall-2004 admissions, how many got accepted, and Etc,.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. utlonghornsandy

7+ Year Member

hey,

I had an interview but i still havent heard back from them yet. I'll post more details if i get accepted :idea:

4. UT-Frank

UT-Frank Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

As of now, I would recommend concentrating on your coursework, especially Organic and other required sciences. I started my application over winter break and submitted Jan 30th, right before the priority. It all depends on when you want your interview. If you apply early, you might get the early interview in Feb. The other 2 rounds are in March and Apirl.

I think the class size, according to the website, is around 130. This year, according to rumors, there were about 700-800 applicants? Not sure. Of that, it seems like about 300 got interviews. There was an extra day of interviews this year! Shows you how many applied compared to last years.

PCAT.....I took them in the Fall and again in the Spring....I didn't do as well as I hoped. But if you don't have the scores, I would suggest you working on your interviewing skills. Do Mock interviews, etc.

Regarding my pharmacy preparation.....I didn't really worked in a pharmacy, persay. I volunteered during the summer at a Hopsital Pharmacy once a week. Also, I volunteer at the student health clinic on the UT campus and at a local hospital in the ER once a week (none pertaining to pharmacy...i just like the patient interactions)

Also, if you're a UT student, the Longhorn Pre Pharmacy Association might be a organization you might want to consider to learn more about the profession (through speakers, etc).

Well if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

5. npp71681

npp71681 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi!
    kim31kim, utlonghornsandy, & UT-FRANK,

THANKS a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!