U. of Washington - Health Metrics and Evaluation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

publichealthr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about their MPH program?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know a whole lot about their MPH program, but I do know they have a really cool post-Bachelors program(also an awesome website ;)).

I don't think they have a formal MPH program, but as publichealthr said, they do have a great post-bac and post-doc program. I had a friend who was in the post-bac program (who ended up dropping out because it was just way too much programming all the time), who said that UW would pay for post-bac fellows to get MPHs who stuck around for the second year of the fellowship - a kind of work-study arrangement. The program is still pretty new (I think it started around 2007) but has tons of money from the Gates foundation. If you are interested in metrics (i.e. developing systems measures) and are good with programming (i.e. are ok with spending your whole day programming on sas) you should look into it. Great program and great backdoor way to get into a very competitive MPH program. Keep in mind though that the program is also very competitive. I applied and didn't get an interview but this was last year when I had less than a year of work experience.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
did they offer interviews this year already?

They said they would send out interview offers in early February. I haven't heard anything back yet, but I am not sure I was good fit. And I got into their grad school for Epi!
Did anyone else hear/ apply?

This is what they sent me last year on the interview schedule:

Review sessions began the week of February 4th and will last until February 15th. You can expect to hear a response from the IHME soon after Friday, February 15th.

Just heard back- I didn't get an interview:(
But from what other people are saying it sounds like it would have been a really bad fit for me. Plus I got into their Epi MPH program- which is maybe more exciting(?) - haha

Good luck to the rest of you!