1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

U of Washington Status Check

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Logan, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Logan

Logan Member
    7+ Year Member

What personal id number do they want? I tried both my social security number and aamc number, but nothing came up. I got an email a way back saying they were reviewing my file, so I would think I would be on their system.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Triangulation

Triangulation 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Courtesy of mpp's post

University of Washington: <a href="http://rainier.dom.washington.edu/admiss/uwapp.htmlx" target="_blank">http://rainier.dom.washington.edu/admiss/uwapp.htmlx</A>

PIN is the first two letters of your last name followed by the last seven digits of your social security number.

4. amonkeybutt

amonkeybutt Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

okay, i know i'm not suppose to read into anything on the status checks. but for those who received secondaries from U of W, what did the status check say before you received your secondary app? i just checked my today and it says "Action was taken on your application 11/27/2001. You should receive a letter from our office by 12/04/2001.". i wonder what kind of action? perhaps i'm being overly pessimistic but i'm expecting a rejection in the mail on the 4th since i was told by a lady in the admissions office to "not put all your eggs in our basket." :(

5. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I never checked the status page before I got the secondary so I don't know what it said. However, if you are not a resident of Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, or Idaho it is likely that you may have a rejection. They accept very, very few out-of-staters. I think the only out-of-state acceptances they give are for MD/PhD. There is always a chance I could be wrong.

If you are a resident of the WWAMI region, then I have heard that you will automatically get an interview with a 29+ MCAT and a &gt;3.6 GPA. However, my stats are above that and I have yet to receive an interview request (or a rejection) so that could be wrong also. Good luck.

6. ccryder

ccryder Member
    7+ Year Member

Some out-of-state applicants do get interviews and acceptances to the MD program. I applied two years ago as an out-of-stater and received an interview invite but no acceptance (hence my participation in the application process once again). I was told at my interview by the Office of Multicultural Affairs that out-of-state applicants who express an interest/desire in working with underserved populations are normally granted interviews.

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

The secondary and interview invite come by e-mail, monkey, with no preliminary notice on the status check except that my app was complete, so I'm afraid your supposition may be right. :( They really do take very few out-of-staters, and even very few WWAMI area residents (Alaska only has 10 slots). I think the only out-of-state/area applicants they consider are minorities and, like ccryder said, those who've expressed an interest in working with underserved populations.

8. AF1892

AF1892 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey all,

I'm a WA resident and was wondering, how long after your application is complete (my AMCAS if verified also) do they invite for interviews?

Thanks!

9. ccryder

ccryder Member
    7+ Year Member

I received the interview invite a little under two weeks after I received the e-mail stating my application was complete. That was very early on in the process when they weren't receiving very many applications so I think their turnaround time was faster than usual.

10. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have been complete for over a month and have not received an interview request.

11. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I received my invite on 11/19, shortly after they got my August MCAT scores (which took longer than one would think it should).

12. jdub

jdub Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    my application was complete for almost two months before i got an interview invite. i am a wwami applicant though, so they might just handle us as "other" or something like that.

13. Triangulation

Triangulation 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Yeah, it sucks. A couple days after I submitted to AMCAS, I received this nice personal EM from an admissions staffer at U-Dub requesting further app information. I had a nice dialogue for a couple EMs trying to make sure they had everything they needed. I figured: my MCATs went well and I went there for undergrad, so I had a better shot, but after that absolutely nothing.

I don't have WA residency, so I'm now convinced I'm right back in the pooper with all of the other out-of-staters applying. How I managed to not establish residency after 4 yrs of going of going to school there is indeed a mystery, but I did gain CA residency, so hopefully this'll all even out.