U of Washington Status Check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Logan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What personal id number do they want? I tried both my social security number and aamc number, but nothing came up. I got an email a way back saying they were reviewing my file, so I would think I would be on their system.

Members don't see this ad.

Courtesy of mpp's post

University of Washington: <a href="http://rainier.dom.washington.edu/admiss/uwapp.htmlx" target="_blank">http://rainier.dom.washington.edu/admiss/uwapp.htmlx</A>

PIN is the first two letters of your last name followed by the last seven digits of your social security number.

okay, i know i'm not suppose to read into anything on the status checks. but for those who received secondaries from U of W, what did the status check say before you received your secondary app? i just checked my today and it says "Action was taken on your application 11/27/2001. You should receive a letter from our office by 12/04/2001.". i wonder what kind of action? perhaps i'm being overly pessimistic but i'm expecting a rejection in the mail on the 4th since i was told by a lady in the admissions office to "not put all your eggs in our basket." :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I never checked the status page before I got the secondary so I don't know what it said. However, if you are not a resident of Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, or Idaho it is likely that you may have a rejection. They accept very, very few out-of-staters. I think the only out-of-state acceptances they give are for MD/PhD. There is always a chance I could be wrong.

If you are a resident of the WWAMI region, then I have heard that you will automatically get an interview with a 29+ MCAT and a &gt;3.6 GPA. However, my stats are above that and I have yet to receive an interview request (or a rejection) so that could be wrong also. Good luck.

Some out-of-state applicants do get interviews and acceptances to the MD program. I applied two years ago as an out-of-stater and received an interview invite but no acceptance (hence my participation in the application process once again). I was told at my interview by the Office of Multicultural Affairs that out-of-state applicants who express an interest/desire in working with underserved populations are normally granted interviews.

The secondary and interview invite come by e-mail, monkey, with no preliminary notice on the status check except that my app was complete, so I'm afraid your supposition may be right. :( They really do take very few out-of-staters, and even very few WWAMI area residents (Alaska only has 10 slots). I think the only out-of-state/area applicants they consider are minorities and, like ccryder said, those who've expressed an interest in working with underserved populations.

Hey all,

I'm a WA resident and was wondering, how long after your application is complete (my AMCAS if verified also) do they invite for interviews?

Thanks!

I received the interview invite a little under two weeks after I received the e-mail stating my application was complete. That was very early on in the process when they weren't receiving very many applications so I think their turnaround time was faster than usual.

I received my invite on 11/19, shortly after they got my August MCAT scores (which took longer than one would think it should).

my application was complete for almost two months before i got an interview invite. i am a wwami applicant though, so they might just handle us as "other" or something like that.

Yeah, it sucks. A couple days after I submitted to AMCAS, I received this nice personal EM from an admissions staffer at U-Dub requesting further app information. I had a nice dialogue for a couple EMs trying to make sure they had everything they needed. I figured: my MCATs went well and I went there for undergrad, so I had a better shot, but after that absolutely nothing.

I don't have WA residency, so I'm now convinced I'm right back in the pooper with all of the other out-of-staters applying. How I managed to not establish residency after 4 yrs of going of going to school there is indeed a mystery, but I did gain CA residency, so hopefully this'll all even out.