U of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cster0905

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't received a decision via email or snail mail from Washington so I called them today and was told a decision was made and they would mail it to me.

For those of you that have heard back from Washington, how were you notified? I have a feeling that since I haven't received any other emails regarding financial aid, visiting days, a welcome email from my department, etc. I have not been accepted; however, for those of you who were accepted, have you received anything more than just a decision letter?

I've already been admitted to several good schools so I won't be blue if I did not get in but any help/insight/info would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Cster0905....
I am a PhD applicant so am not positive that they handle PhD/Masters the same --- but I was accepted to UW via e-mail with a follow--up package via snail mail.
Hope that helps.

Thanks, EpiPhd.

For those of you not accepted, did you receive an email indicating so? Or just a snail mail letter?

For any of you who were accepted, did any of you not receive an email and only snail mail?

Boo. The lady I spoke with was looking at my decision letter while I was on the phone with her but would not tell me one way or the other.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my rejection by email on 3/5 for the MS pathobiology program. I don't know how their MPH stuff works though.

I also received an acceptance e-mail from UW (the second week of February) and a follow-up snail mail package a week or so later. Best of luck to you!

I was rejected from their community-oriented public health practice program by snail mail :-(

I received a decision through e-mail from the department first, and then got the acceptance from the graduate school by snail mail.

i was rejected by UW for the Epidemiology program by email on 2/21.

it seems like all departments are different in the way they process and handle admissions...