U Penn anyone?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bf, Mar 4, 2001.

1. bf

bf Junior Member

Anyone heard from UPenn yet?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chi-chi

chi-chi Member

The admissions office said that they are going to mail out the news sometime this week. .

4. Oceandust

Oceandust Senior Member

Jus called. Said by "end of this week."

--> OD

5. bf

bf Junior Member

!!! I can hardly wait!!!

6. RKID

RKID Junior Member

Anyone Stalked Penn today to see if they sent the letters out?

7. Chimera

Chimera Member

Called just now. They said they were going out as we spoke. Crossing my fingers.

8. bf

bf Junior Member

Hi everyone!

I was reading some of the U Penn posts on review.com, and some of the MD/PHD candidates received an email confirming their acceptance status. Did any of you MD-only candidates receive any email today from Penn??

9. dxn

dxn Member

at least one batch of acceptance letters went out on the 9th. i didn't receive any email from the school but did get a fat packet in the mail on the 10th. several friends of mine who also applied to upenn seam to have received nothing, so i'm not sure if waitlist/rejects go out later or maybe there are other batches of accepts??

10. kas44

kas44 Junior Member

Hi dxn, this may be a little too personal, but did your girlfriend get into UPenn also?
    And, is UPenn your first choice right now? Good Job!! on your acceptance!!!!

11. bf

bf Junior Member

Hi dxn!
    Congrats on your acceptance to such a wonderful school! Did the package have just regular postage or priority/express mail postage? I am in New England, so I am just wondering if I should have received a letter from them by now...

12. Christiangirl

Christiangirl Banned
    Banned

Congrats dxn!! Was this another mutual acceptance? [​IMG] Hopefully, it was. Good luck!!

13. doof

doof Member

anyone hear about waitlists or rejections? did they mail those out on the same day?

14. Oceandust

Oceandust Senior Member

Just called the office again, for a reason beyond knowing the latest status of collective admission for all of us.

They said that because of the snow last week, they have YET to mail out more letters on admmission status. I'm not sure if this goes beyond acceptance letters though. So we have a little bit more room to breathe.

15. doof

doof Member

guess that means we're waitlisted at best...i spoke w/ the adm office last week, and they told me that acceptances were being mailed friday (so if i were accepted, it should have arrived sat or today). oh well...

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. dxn

dxn Member

everyone still waiting on u penn keep hope.

my girlfriend just got her acceptance today! we were getting worried that we would be getting different decisions, but it came through today. we are sooo soo happy. we both _loved_ the school when we were there for interviews and getting mutual acceptances is such a blessing that makes this whole horrendous process seem a lot brighter. i just don't really have the words to express my joy...

let's forget how expensive u penn is right now, i'm just elated to feel that all the hard work we put in is coming back to us in good fortune.

good luck to all... especially those waiting for u penn. fat packets are still coming.

18. youngjock

youngjock Banned
    Banned

You people obviously don't live at philadelphia.

u penn actually is called Penn.

19. bf

bf Junior Member

GRRRRURGH!

I still haven't heard anything from upenn! Did anyone else other than one person on this post who was accepted get any word from penn yet? i am starting to get nervous here...

20. doof

doof Member

no word yet here (east coast). i've got a bad feeling about this one...

21. bf

bf Junior Member

I called the admissions office, and they say that the acceptances were mailed out last friday and the waitlist/rejections were mailed out yesterday!