U Pitt interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seekanddestroy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does this school have student housing. Also, does anyone know of the cheap hotels around the med school.

Members don't see this ad.

i think they do have a student host program, but it doesn't kick in yet - check their website or call. the admissions office staff is really nice. as for hotels, well, i stayed at a best western that was a 10 min walk to the med schools, but it's in south oakland, which isn't the nicest area... but it was only 75 bucks.

There are three hotels within walking distance of Pitt. One is the Best Western already mentioned. It is going to be the cheapest, and the area of South O. it is in is not that bad. There is also a Holiday Inn Express and the Westin William Penn. Neither of which falls under cheap. There are some cheap hotels out in Monroeville (east of the city), but getting into Oakland would have to be a long bus ride or cab. Your best bet is the Best Western or staying with students.

i should clarify about south oakland. i've never lived in a big, northern city, and i got there around midnight... and i'm kinda a wuss. it really wasn't that bad. when you take the 28X airport flyer to get to the hotel you get off about 2 blocks from the hotel, so you have to walk. the housing near there is kinda old, but there's also a big women's hospital. so it's pretty safe. still, i would recommend you stay under the lighted side.

oh yeah... that's a panera in the hotel, so at least you can get a decent cup of coffee in the morning.