Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

u.s med schools that are generous with internationals

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by tjshine, May 17, 2007.

1. tjshine

Hi,

I have been looking up many schools and I have seen that there are quite a few med school that do admit internationals. However, I've seen that Mount Sinai does not have a policy against internationals:

"International applicants are treated the same as other applicants. Approximately seven non-citizens have matriculated over the last four years. No international students are counted as minorities."

After reading this I got kinda excited and hopeful. I was wondering if there are any other med schools that accept a good number of internationals.

Thank you.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    Typically private medical schools accept more internationals than do public schools which rely on US tax dollars more. Bear in mind that many will require you to have a US undergraduate degree or at least 90 units before they accept you (this is a fairly common requirement).

This book from the AAMC will have pages for each US allopathic medical school and will tell you how many international applicants they took:https://services.aamc.org/Publications/index.cfm?fuseaction=Product.displayForm&prd_id=186&prv_id=226

Every September, JAMA publishes a medical education issue which also has some similar charts which you might be interested in.