iluvmedicine2

Psalm 103
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Hello, everyone. I've been browsing SDN in search of threads related to this topic, and discovered this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/american-applying-to-canadian-meds-school.163376/ although the content on there is a bit old (2004). So, I thought I would attempt to revitalize this discussion because I have a number of questions about applying to Canadian medical schools as a U.S. resident and I imagine that I am not the only one.

For example, which Canadian medical schools accept students from the U.S. and which schools do not? How do Canadian applications compare to application systems (i.e. AMCAS, AACOMAS) in the U.S.? What is the Canadian interview process like (i.e. one-on-one, MMI, Skype, traveling, etc.)?

I would greatly appreciate the feedback of individuals who have been through this process as well as current/former medical students. Any information you can provide would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance for your time.

candbgirl

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
In the International Forum there is a whole section on Canada. It doesn't seem very active but you might get some help there! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

OP
iluvmedicine2

iluvmedicine2

Psalm 103
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2012
Status
Medical Student
In the International Forum there is a whole section on Canada. It doesn't seem very active but you might get some help there! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app
Thank you :)