U. Washington - what would you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aeromed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I first applied to med schools 3 years ago. I interviewed at the University of Washington but was ultimately rejected. I am currently reapplying to schools and UW is on the list.

One problem: when I applied 3 years ago I was a WA resident. (Had been a WA resident since I was born). For the past 2 years, however, I have lived in CA and am now a CA resident.

I really want to return to WA, but I am worried that as a CA resident I won't even receive a secondary from UW. Does anyone know how schools screen? Like, do you think UW checks their records on every app. and will discover that they interviewed me 3 years ago?
I'm considering writing a letter proactively, requesting a secondary.
What would you do?

:luck: to all!
Thanks,

--Aeromed

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, even if they don't care that you applied 3 years ago, you'll have a hard time getting in as a CA resident. :(

I would go ahead and try it anyway, if you really want to go to UW. Do you have good reasons for wanting to come back to WA? If so, I would mention them when you request your secondary.

Thanks for responding.

I would love to be back in Washington as my entire family is there- parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, best friends, etc. I was a WA resident from age 0 - 25 :) and have been a CA resident for one year (moved here for a job). Not to mention the fact that I love UW's emphasis on working with underserved communities - that's what I want to do.

I'll be sure to include those reasons plus others.
Thanks!

p.s. my friend and family are in Tacoma and Seattle, so it's not like they all live in Spokane - I really would be close to them if I went to UW-Seattle.