Program-Specific Info / Q's UAB (Birmingham)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CurlyHairedGirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else just hear from UAB with an acceptance decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I have a interview with UAB coming up and wanted to ask if anyone could tell about the interview process. I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi, I have a interview with UAB coming up and wanted to ask if anyone could tell about the interview process. I would greatly appreciate it.

When is your interview? I'm also looking for more info :)

I have an interview this Friday. Does anyone have any info on the interview process?

Thanks!

yeah I have an interview this Friday as well. Those who already got in when was your interview ?

Also interviewing Friday! I haven't been able to find much info

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have an interview Friday as well and I think we all interview on one day so no one's gotten in yet. I haven't found anything online about questions but when I spoke to a UAB faculty member they said to expect situational type of questions!

Does anyone know how much the total tuition is? I'm out of state and calculating it to be $160k but that seems very high

Last edited:
I'm in state and it's $62,000 but I heard a student at the interview that's first year say she's out of state and it's 2.5 times normal so that sounds about right
Does anyone know how much the total tuition is? I'm out of state and calculating it to be $160k but that seems very high

Reactions: 1 user
how did the interviews go ?
And have you guys heard of the Academic Common Market where students from southern states can have in state tuition in other southern states ?

Well I just read up on ACM and you can only use it if the degree is not offered in your state smh

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview Friday as well. Do yall know when we might hear something?

Some of the students said either at the end of this week or next but it could be whenever
I had an interview Friday as well. Do yall know when we might hear something?

Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many students are currently in the 1st year cohort ? Or how many students they usually accept?

Does anyone know how many students are currently in the 1st year cohort ? Or how many students they usually accept?
I think they interviewed a little over 100 and there are 50 slots

They do however reserve 10 spots for the UAB students who are doing their fast track OT program so really they take about 40 from the interviews.

If anyone hears anything, will y'all post it on here? I know one of the 1st years said they called people last year the next Thursday so if it's anything like the previous years, I think we should hear something tomorrow or Friday.

They do however reserve 10 spots for the UAB students who are doing their fast track OT program so really they take about 40 from the interviews.

So I was talking to a current student at the interview and she said there weren't any fast track students entering our year. I'm not sure if that's true but I thought it was interesting

Hmm that would make the chances better! But when I was talking to a student they said that the writing sample thing was new so They didn't know if that would delay the decision process or not

Oh yeah, I didn't think about the writing part. If thats true about the fast track, thats awesome though.

Yeah I do not feel strongly about that writing sample I'm hoping that doesn't weigh heavily on us

I feel like they made it seem that the writing thing wasn't that big of a deal so I hope it's not

I also do not feel confident on the writing part. I was not expecting that and so I hope that wasn't too important.

Just got a phone call that I was accepted!!

Me too! I'm still in shock!

Reactions: 1 users
me too ! my call was around 5:30 . I asked her if she was serious lol

I still haven't heard anything yet which I think is weird how they didn't let everyone know around the same time

I also got accepted. Got my call Friday morning. I can't believe I got in, so happy!! Really want need to know how much tuition will be?

Me too! The cost is definitely a concern because I'm out of state. It's crazy how they only gave us 72 hours to respond

Other than getting confirmation that they received the letter of intent and deposit, have ya'll heard anything else or gotten anything in the mail from UAB?

Other than getting confirmation that they received the letter of intent and deposit, have ya'll heard anything else or gotten anything in the mail from UAB?

I haven't heard anything

Who did you get an email from regarding them receiving your letter of intent? I dropped mine off at their office a couple of days after receiving the initial email but I never received a confirmation email.

Who did you get an email from regarding them receiving your letter of intent? I dropped mine off at their office a couple of days after receiving the initial email but I never received a confirmation email.
I don't know if they sent everyone a confirmation but I had mailed mine in so I was worried that it didn't get there and I had called one morning to check to make sure it was received and got an email from Elaine Satterfield later that day stating they had received it. I was just expecting to get a packet in the mail by now or something

I don't know if they sent everyone a confirmation but I had mailed mine in so I was worried that it didn't get there and I had called one morning to check to make sure it was received and got an email from Elaine Satterfield later that day stating they had received it. I was just expecting to get a packet in the mail by now or something
Yes I'm definitely surprised we haven't heard anything else!

Have any out-of-staters found resources for tuition assistance? I loved UAB but honestly the price is steering me away :(

Have any out-of-staters found resources for tuition assistance? I loved UAB but honestly the price is steering me away :(
ugh same! I contacted someone about any resources available but never heard anything back.

ugh same! I contacted someone about any resources available but never heard anything back.
They told me I can get loans. I've been researching the Academic Common Market though. It's confusing because UAB's OT program is listed as approved for students from Texas, but not under Florida where I live currently. Texas has 8 OT programs and we only have 4, so if they are eligible other states should be too

Hey I am planning on applying to UAB OT program for next year. Can any of you who got accepted give me any advice on what I could be working on up until application time. What were your stats? I have a 3.96 GPA right now and have little observation hours.

Me too! The cost is definitely a concern because I'm out of state. It's crazy how they only gave us 72 hours to respond

How long did it take to get back to you after the interview? Also, how much is the deposit? I have an interview coming up at the end of this month

How long did it take after the interview to hear back? also how much is the deposit? I have an interview coming up

Did you ever hear anything back about tuition prices? I have an interview on the 26th but I won’t go if tuition is over $100k like it seems like for out-of-state :(

The tuition was about $130k and they don't offer much in the way of scholarships :( I didn't end up attending UAB but I had a great interview experience there! Feel free to message me if you have questions.
Did you ever hear anything back about tuition prices? I have an interview on the 26th but I won’t go if tuition is over $100k like it seems like for out-of-state :(