UAB December acceptances?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rightwing

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i keep hearing that if you interviewed in October you will hear from UAB by Christmas. That doesn't make sense b/c then that would suggest that everyone who interviewed then would be accepted b/c they never reject you until late in the cycle (April). Has anyone received an acceptance that interviewed in Oct?!?!?!?

Educating America one liberal at a time

Members don't see this ad.

Rightwing, welcome to SDN. I interviewed on Oct. 4th and have been accepted to UAB. I e-mailed Dr. Smith after the December admissions committee meeting, which is the 1st Thursday of every month. He e-mailed back on Friday and informed me that I had been accepted. Now, I still have not gotten the official letter. Apparently they wait and mail these out around the 15th of every month. I actually expect it tomorrow or Thursday. Even though I know I'm in, I'm still anxiously awaiting the letter because it will inform me as to which campus I've been selected for 3rd/4th year. Good luck, I hope you hear good news soon.

PS: I like your alias, but I'm afraid your political views may be rare on SDN. I wish it were not so.

I am also hoping letters were mailed around the 15 so the wait will be over. I think it will pay to be patient.

Members don't see this ad :)
rightwing, your right, it doesn't make sense that everyone will get a letter in December. As I understand, if your accepted in the December cycle, you get a letter, if your not accepted, you get nothing, etc., etc.

rightwing's political views probably aren't as rare as you think.

His/Her (?) signiture is hilarious.

Today is of course Wednesday and I like many breathless hopefuls will wast little time in getting to the mailbox to find out about the letter.....Even when I was in my teens and waiting for my first crush to call me on the phone doesnt compare to the expectation i feel about hearing something!!!!!!

falling off the RIGHT end of the political spectrum.....
Ken

I don't have a crush on the school, but I would like to know about my future.

Oh, Rockstar, there are plenty of us damned
-almost- conservatives out there...good luck!

I called UAB yesterday and they said they mailed the December letters Monday...which means today or tomorrow...make sure to post here if ya' get on....

BUSH/Gulliani 2004

hoping a december letter comes my way, good luck everybody

I have a strange feeling my letter is coming today, I am putting a hundred bucks down.

Just wanted to update y'all that I did receive the official letter today. I will be in B'ham for years 3 & 4. I hope the rest of you hear today also. Man, it sure is a relief to have the actual letter. :)

I got an e-mail from Dr. Smith on Tuesday saying I was in. I don't get an official letter until January, so I have no idea what campus I will be assigned to.

anybody from mobile been accepted to UAB yet?

I don't believe that one person from South has heard from them yet.

bummer....Saturday and no letter.....how bout you Smokin'?!?!?! I emailed UAB last week and didnt get any kind of reponse....(sniff)

Take a chill pill! ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

no letter yet, hmm, if it doesn't come soon, I guess I'm out till January, what does everbody else think?

I have some new information, I have heard that UAB does not send the majority of their acceptance letters out until after january 15. Few letters are sent out in oct, nov, and dec. This is critical info for all of those people interviewed so far

This is such crap for you guys! I think it stinks that info kept coming in about letters going out this day or that day...I just wish they would do it because I didn't even apply there and the anticipation is killing me for some of my friends! loluck

your right, the anticipation is terrible. My source of information is very reliable.

hmmmm....so hurry up and wait right?!?!?! smokin, have you emailed dr smith like others have? i did but no reply!!!! that's kinda scary. Anyway i just hope we hear soon....i really don't want to wait until April.....let me know!