uab school of optometry

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtbusby79

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any experience or insight with the UAB school of optometry? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't apply there personally.. but based on word of mouth alone I hear it's an excellent school.

Did you try posting your question at www.futureoptometrist.com they get more hits there than we do for OD students. So, you might get a better response there.
Unless you know anything Cassandra? ;)

Hello. Uab is one of the best-ranked optometry schools and is certainly one of the cheapest being state-supported. Our class size is only 40 so it is extremely competitive. I am pretty sure we can give Berkley(another great school) a run for their money. The professors (so far) have been great and it is hard but not too hard that we do not have time to party. All I can say is apply early!. eyeguy

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I really want to get into UAB's optometry school. What type of OAT score have people had and got accepted. How competitive is this school, I've done some reaserach but have not gotten too much information.

Thanks

My OD recommended UAB to me, because it is supposed to be an excellent school but the tuition is OUTRAGEOUS if you're out of state. Based on that alone I didn't apply. It does seem to be pretty competitive too, check out opted.org and that'll tell you the average OAT scores and GPA.

http://www.opted.org/files/public/Profile2007EnteringClass.pdf

I had my interview at UAB school of optometry about 3 weeks ago (late November) and have not heard anything back. Is this a bad sign?

yea 40+K out of state but only 10K in state!!!

I've only heard great things. My OD was roommates with the Dean of UAB. Said it was a great school but difficult to get into, alas I applied.

Anyone currently enrolled know if they hand out any scholarships to balance that awful out of state tuition?