UAB Students - Gross Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barcher

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be an MS1 this summer at UAB. My question is for current UAB MS1's who had the "final exam only" gross anatomy course. What was this exam like. How did you know if you were learning enough during the semester w/o tests. It seems that a potential risk is to slack off and then have an enormous amount of material to learn before the comprehensive final. Please all current UAB MS1's give your thoughts about the course. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on your acceptance! I don't know how many UAB MS-I's are on here besides me, but I'll add my two cents. Anatomy this year was an experiment on our class. I think some people liked having only the one big test in anatomy. I, as well as many others, did not like it.

Your progress was monitored by practice tests that were available each week. None of these tests counted for a grade, so they were blown off by quite a few of us. Procrastination was a big risk, and it nailed several of us (A few us did our own 3 week crash course on the human body after goofing off all block). The course got watered down towards the end, though. I think the course director sensed the experiment was not going as well as planned, and gave us a really easy final (I think the majority of the class wound up with an A in the course).

The course is also taught in a problem based learning format with only about 3 or 4 lectures throughout the course. If you're into that, you'll enjoy it. I didn't.