Uab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spirit31

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI everyone!

I have been accepted to University of Alabama, Birmingham for my MPH. I am told that this is a good school, but how good is Birmingham as a place to stay?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi spirit,
To be frank I don't know much about the residency in alabama but I have heard that it is quite good.I am an international MPH aspirant who had applied for the fall semester 2006 in UAB.Are you joining the university for the spring semester??Could you please highlight the chance sof my admissions in UAB??My GRE score is 1350 and toefl is 287/300.My gpa is 2.70/4.Coulds you please help me out??

Hey Palaniappan isin't GPA of 2.7 way below average, though your GRE and TOEFL are good enough?

Members don't see this ad :)
greaper said:
Hey Palaniappan isin't GPA of 2.7 way below average?
WTF!!!! :wow:
Took me a second look to confirm greaper actually said that!! Talk about diplomacy, or lack thereof... +pissed+

Anyhow..Palaniappan, don't sweat about your GPA. LOADS of people with relatively low GPAs get into really good MPH programs. Like everyone has always been saying, its your complete application they look at. For example, very few doctors from outside the US get anything approaching even a 3.0. I am sure the admission committee takes that sort of stuff into consideration as well. Once you have finished applying, no point sweating it, I say..

And people, this is a forum more dedicated to give hope and help, rather than snipe ad deject. Its better to hold your peace than give half baked mis-information. Remember, what goes around does come around. :)

Peace Out! :horns:

hi
how long does it take to complete the course at UAB. and what r the funding opportunities?

Thanks uhoh!!!I had been admitted in UAB.I am looking forward for the epidemiology course in this fal semester.Any wise suggestions for me please??

Palaniappan said:
I had been admitted in UAB.I am looking forward for the epidemiology course in this fal semester.Any wise suggestions for me please??
CONGRATS!! :) :thumbup: That should put the doubters to rest!

Enjoy your Epi training, as it is sure to give you a whole new dimension to consider when dealing with health care issues. Its fun, and unlike in India, the professors are mostly really friendly, so never be afraid of voicing your concerns or asking doubts..

And hope you get some financial aid soon, as well!! Good Luck!! :luck:

HI there:
Sorry couldnt reply earlier....congrats on getting into uab...what other unis have u got admits from..and which one are u planning to go to... i am seriously considering uab...thanks
Palaniappan said:
Hi spirit,
To be frank I don't know much about the residency in alabama but I have heard that it is quite good.I am an international MPH aspirant who had applied for the fall semester 2006 in UAB.Are you joining the university for the spring semester??Could you please highlight the chance sof my admissions in UAB??My GRE score is 1350 and toefl is 287/300.My gpa is 2.70/4.Coulds you please help me out??