Uab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Behcet

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any opinions on this IM program (whether or not you interviewed there, I'd still like to hear opinions). Is it good enough of a program to make it worth moving to Birmingham?

Members don't see this ad.

UAB is also on my list .... just added it recently. I am currently during an elective there now and have found the hospital system to be very good. The Alabama medical center functions like the Texas medical ctr but on a smaller scale. Also, they are building a new building for all the ICU's and new ER now. As a visiting student at UAB, I have received a very welcome reception. All the IM residents I have encountered are really nice. Here are some of the potential negatives I see - Men seem to out number women residents about 65/35 (may be changing), not a lot of diversity, and social scene (there are alot of things to do here, but I'm not sure about the single/dating scene).

I think the UAB program has alot to offer and is simply overlooked because of the location! I just made it #3 on my rank order list!