UAMS, Christiana Care General Surgery General Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tco

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search for UAMS and Christiana Care general surgery (yeah, I know they don't seem very related right off the bat), but it didn't turn up anything for which I was looking. I'm curious as to what the programs are like, specifically in the first two years.

I'm currently a MSIV and will be applying radiology in the fall, and eventually will be doing interventional radiology. Both programs offer a DIRECT path, which I am interested in, that includes two years of a surgical residency before entering four years of combined DR/IR residency.

Basically, I'm just interested in how malignant the programs are, if first and second years get to actually contribute in the OR, etc. Since I'm not trying to train to become a surgeon, I'm more interested in procedures that the programs allow first and second years to perform.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Over three hundred views and not one person with one thing to say about either of these programs? I'll take second hand info, even... Anything.

Obviously won't base my decision on what you guys say, but if I hear something over and over, it might gain some more validity.

Thanks.