UAMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saluki

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, 3 people put on the interview feedback, that they'd interviewed at UAMS, yet only one rejection is shown and no acceptances. Are the rest of you still wating to hear? Are you state residents?

Members don't see this ad.

UAMS sent out all acceptances or rejections on Feb 14. I got accepted and i know several people who got rejected or put on the alternate list around the same time. I hope this helps

I got accepted to UAMS also. I was out of state.

Members don't see this ad :)
What were your stats getting in out of state? Did you have "strong ties"?

3.8 31

I had relatively strong ties, yes.

My parents informed me last night that the Reverend Governor Huckabee has decided to cut educational funding by some $62 million dollars?! I would gather that UAMS would be affected by this, no doubt...

yay, even more reason for me to *not* stay in-state.

Every state has cut educational funding to med schools. It's not just Arkansas. Don't expect anything different anywhere else.

What do you consider to be "strong ties" at UAMS? I''m from TN, but I'll be graduating from a school in AR. Would that give me a strong tie?:confused:

I doubt it. One example I can give of someone who is claiming strong ties is a student I know whose family lived in Arkansas till he was 17, and then moved to Georgia. His entire extended family lives in AR, he's going to school at UA-Fayetteville, and he plans or practicing here....

*gasps* oh lord, a pre-med from Hendrix has arrived!

i used to attend that nelly school, until i transferred off to a better place. still miss my friends and all the methodists' money, but certainly not all the superficial BS that seemed to plague the atmosphere there. *belch*