May 30, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
1609036162191.png
I am honestly a little confused with this question. Why can't it be C?? In Cell S&F I learned that ubiquitination targets a cell protein for lysosomal destruction via protease enzymes. I mean I get why A can be correct but why not C?

Last edited:
About the Ads

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
Vendor
Apr 25, 2019
www.medschooltutors.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
  3. Attending Physician
Yeah this is just testing if you understand that without Wnt, B catenin is bound and ubiquitinated and that Ubq chops up proteins for degradation and recycling. Interestingly enough, this is a pathway seen sometimes in colon cancer, where Wnt is mutated and perpetually active. This leads to B-Catenin causing uncontrolled cellular differentiation and neoplasia.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
May 30, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Yeah this is just testing if you understand that without Wnt, B catenin is bound and ubiquitinated and that Ubq chops up proteins for degradation and recycling. Interestingly enough, this is a pathway seen sometimes in colon cancer, where Wnt is mutated and perpetually active. This leads to B-Catenin causing uncontrolled cellular differentiation and neoplasia.

Med School Tutors
Huh, I didn't know that. I feel like I learn so much from the science res. passages every time I do practice!

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
Vendor
Apr 25, 2019
www.medschooltutors.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
  3. Attending Physician
Huh, I didn't know that. I feel like I learn so much from the science res. passages every time I do practice!
Honestly, as someone who took the 'old' MCAT in 2013 and has spent 7 years in the tutoring game, that is one of my favorite changes with the 2015+ MCAT, there is so much clinical relevance in it. I encourage you whenever you feel curious, to read on the topic. It need not be much, a Wikipedia page will suffice, but you will encode the material so much stronger once it becomes 'real'. Once, I was teaching a Khan Academy passage and it hit me, this was the 'original' study determining why ACEs cause chronic cough and ARBs don't. So cool. Happy studying!

Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads