UC Berkeley pre-med SDN-ers roll call!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you from Cal?

• Yes I'm from Cal.

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • No I'm not from Cal.

Votes: 36 47.4%

• Total voters

pyrois

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious who all here is from Cal.

We should all play mario kart sometime:p

Members don't see this ad.

I'm curious who all here is from Cal.

We should all play mario kart sometime:p

This has got to be one of the worst polls I have ever seen in my time on SDN...:thumbdown:

This has got to be one of the worst polls I have ever seen in my time on SDN...:thumbdown:

You must be one of the non-UC Berkeley people:p

Either way, I've seen the full spectrum of posts on this board, and I'd argue this is definitely not the most pointless.

Close.

But not quite most.

Members don't see this ad :)
Something tells me this is how you spend most of your Friday nights . . .

(Sorry, I know that was uncalled for. It was just too sweet of a setup to let pass by.)

The sad part is, I really do spend my Friday nights playing Mario Kart with my friends:p

At least I don't spend them studying for the MCAT anymore.

You must be one of the non-UC Berkeley people:p

Yes I am a non-UC Berkeley person :rolleyes: Sometimes I like to fly up from So-Cal just to spray graffiti on the walls of your buildings. I usually tag "non-UC Berkeley people rule." Look for it next time, you might be able to find it.

For a pointless thread, it has some interesting (although most likely biased) results.

Apparently more than half of all SDN-ers from a sample size n=9 are from UC Berkeley.

Nice.

an incredible poll :)

haha---and also a UC Berkeley pre-med that's in the other category...
1) not asian
2) competitive, but not cut-throat
3) rarely attend lecture

ahh I'm so lucky to be here.
Pyrois, you still go to Berkeley?

btw I just bought a wii so we should really all play that sometime

or just gather at raleighs or kips for drinks, or go to asian ghetto for some donut holes and boba

btw I just bought a wii so we should really all play that sometime

or just gather at raleighs or kips for drinks, or go to asian ghetto for some donut holes and boba

Hahaha, yeah.

Hey where'd you get it? I live above the EB Games on telegraph (in the Granada building) and I've been looking for a Wii for a while, but never seem to drop in at the right time.

I heard there was a new shipment this morning, but I went to this big lunch thing with friends instead:p

Members don't see this ad :)
believe it or not I bought it at that EB games. Last tuesday I heard rumor of a shipment, so a friend and I blew off class all day and went there from opening (10AM) till we got the wii's (probably around 3:30 pm)

talk about boring having to stay in a video game store for that many hours. We tried to do some work, or play demos, but it gets kinda old quickly.

the things I do for my wii

believe it or not I bought it at that EB games. Last tuesday I heard rumor of a shipment, so a friend and I blew off class all day and went there from opening (10AM) till we got the wii's (probably around 3:30 pm)

talk about boring having to stay in a video game store for that many hours. We tried to do some work, or play demos, but it gets kinda old quickly.

the things I do for my wii

Dedication and perseverence: both attributes necessary in the medical field.

I think people who were diligent enough to get their hands on a Wii should be able to put that on their AMCAS app to attest to the associated character traits necessary to acquire one.

this may be the dumbest poll I have ever seen.

I answered that I'm from Cal because I was born and raised in California near Berkley. However, I have to ask...what's this poll all about? :laugh:

Well, to be honest, I had this weird suspicion that people from UC Berkeley comprise the majority of SDNers, simply from how frequently I hear people say they go or went to school at Cal.

Apparently I was right:p (currently the poll is at 15/14, berkeley/non-berkeley)

Well, to be honest, I had this weird suspicion that people from UC Berkeley comprise the majority of SDNers, simply from how frequently I hear people say they go or went to school at Cal.

Apparently I was right:p (currently the poll is at 15/14, berkeley/non-berkeley)

You do realize that at most times during the day/night there are 250+ people looking at the pre-allo forum. I am hoping you also realize that most people who respond to your poll will be looking at the thread title and assuming you were specifying UC berkeley students to read on.

As an estimate, I bet there are over 500 active pre-allo members (that does not mean they post every day, but they likely post at least once every 2 weeks)

I bet maybe 30 of those max come from one specific school, be it Cal, etc.

You do realize that at most times during the day/night there are 250+ people looking at the pre-allo forum. I am hoping you also realize that most people who respond to your poll will be looking at the thread title and assuming you were specifying UC berkeley students to read on.

As an estimate, I bet there are over 500 active pre-allo members (that does not mean they post every day, but they likely post at least once every 2 weeks)

I bet maybe 30 of those max come from one specific school, be it Cal, etc.

I'm well aware that this is a heavily biased poll.

As I used to run forums, 250+ people online day and night actually implies something to the order of 4000-5000 unique daily visitors. Admittedly, most forum-goers aren't as... obsessive... as pre-med students, so that number may be higher than it is on SDN. Most of these users will never post a single thread/comment in their lives (some aren't even members).

And I'm willing to bet that of the 600 pre-med students coming from Cal, 500 of them know about this site, and 300 of them visit on a regular (weekly) basis.

Those are simply my speculations, and I'm hoping this post will bring some of them out.

I'm well aware that this is a heavily biased poll.

As I used to run forums, 250+ people online day and night actually implies something to the order of 4000-5000 unique daily visitors. Admittedly, most forum-goers aren't as... obsessive... as pre-med students, so that number may be higher than it is on SDN. Most of these users will never post a single thread/comment in their lives (some aren't even members).

And I'm willing to bet that of the 600 pre-med students coming from Cal, 500 of them know about this site, and 300 of them visit on a regular (weekly) basis.

Those are simply my speculations, and I'm hoping this post will bring some of them out.

I realize the number of members/guests is much larger. Thats why I specified active members. Out of active members (those that continuously post at a decent rate) I bet no school has even a significant minority representation compared to the whole.

Wow your guessing 500/600 premeds at Cal know about this site? don't you think thats really high?

I realize the number of members/guests is much larger. Thats why I specified active members. Out of active members (those that continuously post at a decent rate) I bet no school has even a significant minority representation compared to the whole.

Ah, well I consider people who read the site often to be active (but lurkers:p)

Wow your guessing 500/600 premeds at Cal know about this site? don't you think thats really high?

Not really. How many pre-med students do you know who aren't aware of what SDN is? I don't know a single person who doesn't know what it is in UC Berkeley, and 100% of the interviewees at UCSD and UC Irvine knew what it was. SDN has been mentioned on two of my interviews by deans of admission. It has proliferated through the community quite well, and I would consider the few who don't know about it to be "out of the loop."

U...C.....L....A..................UCLA!
:clap::hardy::clap::hardy::clap::hardy::clap:

Berkeley was too far for me. UCLA!!!!! All the way!!:D