UC Berkeley students - UCSF applicants MCB majors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fouyboy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the secondary (UCSF), it asks for 2 semesters of inorganic chemistry, but as an mcb major we were not required to take chem 1b. so do you guys know what we should put? can we put chem 130a in place? did anyone call ucsf admissions about that?

thanks guys! Go bears, Beat Stanfurd!

Members don't see this ad.

fouyboy said:
On the secondary (UCSF), it asks for 2 semesters of inorganic chemistry, but as an mcb major we were not required to take chem 1b. so do you guys know what we should put? can we put chem 130a in place? did anyone call ucsf admissions about that?

thanks guys! Go bears, Beat Stanfurd!

There's a link that discusses this situation for med school. I dunno if it applies to dental.

http://career.berkeley.edu/Health/MedFAQ1.stm#chemistry

I havn't asked UCSF, but UOP told me chem 130a won't work because there was no lab. I just planned on taking the equivalent of chem 1b at a JC. Did you take chem 5, because i think that would good enough.

The Career Center has informed all of the dental schools of Berkeley's requirements. As long as you took Chem 1a, 3a, and 3b you'll be fine with regards to the chemistry sequence. That's what I put on my secondary and there were no problems. I know many previous students who have also done this.

Members don't see this ad :)
crazy_sherm said:
Cool, I just checked with UOP and they said I'm fine too. Yay, no chem lab next semester! Go Bears!

That made my friday even better. Hey guys, dont forget to go to the bon fire rally. YEAH! this weekend is lookin nice.

take care

ya, just wanted to confirm i talked to admissions officers at ucsf and 1a, 3a, 3b are fine. make sure u take your biochem too... (and bears will beat stanfurd by at least 30 this weekend. this might be the first year i dont make it out to the bonfire rally...kinda sad, but im an alum now, all good cause ill be in the student section at the game)