Brah of Science

2+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Is anybody from here going this weekend? I think it would be cool to meet some fellow members.

OP
Brah of Science

Brah of Science

2+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2014
Status
Giant pre-med conference? Eh. SDN accomplishes the same thing and I don't have to put clothes on.
Hahaha good point! I'm just going because it's free.

The_Bird

OvO
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Hahaha good point! I'm just going because it's free.
Oh, it's free? That's surprising actually. Have fun and stay away from those hyper gunners that are bound to be there.

MrLogan13

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
May 16, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I went to the UCD conference two years ago. Useless. Nothing you can't learn from either here or other internet resources. Huge waste of money for me when I attended.

Reactions: altblue
OP
Brah of Science

Brah of Science

2+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2014
Status
Oh, it's free? That's surprising actually. Have fun and stay away from those hyper gunners that are bound to be there.
Oh no, sorry. My school is paying for a handful of students to attend. I jumped on the opportunity considering I've never been there before and I wanted to scope out their school. And I'll try, but I'm sure they will be everywhere.

Reactions: J Senpai
OP
Brah of Science

Brah of Science

2+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2014
Status
I went to the UCD conference two years ago. Useless. Nothing you can't learn from either here or other internet resources. Huge waste of money for me when I attended.
Sorry to hear that. I've only been to small conferences but nothing this size so I thought it may be different.

altblue

5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2014
Status
I don't see the point when SDN and my advisor give enough info as it is.

moop

1K Member
Removed
Account on Hold
Dec 15, 2013
Sounds like a waste of time, but if expenses paid, maybe you can grab some gals' numbers while you're there ;)

mehc012

Big Damn Hero
7+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2012
The Black
Status
Medical Student
Sounds like a waste of time, but if expenses paid, maybe you can grab some gals' numbers while you're there ;)
Ugh, please don't. It's going to be crazy enough without a bunch of dudes trying to be smooth and annoying the #$% out of everyone.

I'm definitely going. I have to be in town anyway for other reasons, and it wasn't much to attend (actually, attending and taking the nearly-free hotel cut down on the costs of staying up there that I would have been paying otherwise).

There are so many things going on that I find it inconceivable that you could not find something beneficial/educational while you're there. I'm looking forward to it!

moop

1K Member
Removed
Account on Hold
Dec 15, 2013
Ugh, please don't. It's going to be crazy enough without a bunch of dudes trying to be smooth and annoying the #$% out of everyone.
Teehee

karayaa

5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Videos of past workshops are available on the site. There's a lot of useful info straight from adcoms.