UC Davis Conference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brah of Science

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody from here going this weekend? I think it would be cool to meet some fellow members.

Members don't see this ad.

Giant pre-med conference? Eh. SDN accomplishes the same thing and I don't have to put clothes on.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I went to the UCD conference two years ago. Useless. Nothing you can't learn from either here or other internet resources. Huge waste of money for me when I attended.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, it's free? That's surprising actually. Have fun and stay away from those hyper gunners that are bound to be there.

Oh no, sorry. My school is paying for a handful of students to attend. I jumped on the opportunity considering I've never been there before and I wanted to scope out their school. And I'll try, but I'm sure they will be everywhere.

Reactions: 1 user
I went to the UCD conference two years ago. Useless. Nothing you can't learn from either here or other internet resources. Huge waste of money for me when I attended.

Sorry to hear that. I've only been to small conferences but nothing this size so I thought it may be different.

I don't see the point when SDN and my advisor give enough info as it is.

Sounds like a waste of time, but if expenses paid, maybe you can grab some gals' numbers while you're there ;)

Sounds like a waste of time, but if expenses paid, maybe you can grab some gals' numbers while you're there ;)
Ugh, please don't. It's going to be crazy enough without a bunch of dudes trying to be smooth and annoying the #$% out of everyone.

I'm definitely going. I have to be in town anyway for other reasons, and it wasn't much to attend (actually, attending and taking the nearly-free hotel cut down on the costs of staying up there that I would have been paying otherwise).

There are so many things going on that I find it inconceivable that you could not find something beneficial/educational while you're there. I'm looking forward to it!

Ugh, please don't. It's going to be crazy enough without a bunch of dudes trying to be smooth and annoying the #$% out of everyone.
Teehee

Videos of past workshops are available on the site. There's a lot of useful info straight from adcoms.