uc davis head stuck up their ass?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matthew0126

Anaheim Angels
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys. got a question for ya... i applied to 15 schools, and i've received an interview invite from every school except ucdavis (and irvine, but i withdrew). what the heck is with ucdavis?

this is not meant to toot my own horn. i'm just raising up the question that has been raised before. maybe some schools don't invite people that they know wouldn't go?

Members don't see this ad.

They're not the only school like that. I've either received interview invites or heard nothing from the 11 schools I've applied to. One of the quiet ones is Davis also.

I thought the exact same thing, but called them today to see what was up and it turns out I had been invited for an interview. But apparently they are really far back in actually scheduling interviews for those that are deemed eligible, so you don't find out right away. Especially with the status check page down, you should try giving them a call and see if you actually have been approved for an interview and just not yet notified.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by matthew0126:
•hey guys. got a question for ya... i applied to 15 schools, and i've received an interview invite from every school except ucdavis (and irvine, but i withdrew). what the heck is with ucdavis?

this is not meant to toot my own horn. i'm just raising up the question that has been raised before. maybe some schools don't invite people that they know wouldn't go?•••••So, the real question begs to be asked. Why in the hell would you want to go to UC Davis? :) :) I am in a similar situation. I applied there, as a 'safety' school, and I've already been accepted to much better places. I stopped wondering about them and UC Irvine a long time ago. You just have to accept the total randomness of the amdissions process.

Good luck,

Adam

First, UC Davis is not the only school that is doing this. I applied to the 8 CA schools and have received interviews at all of them except Stanford and USC. That also doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but who cares. Who needs to get interviews at every single school?

Second, if you have not been rejected by Davis, there is a good chance you have been given an interview, they just haven't scheduled it yet. Give them a call and ask about it.

okay guys, thanks for the feedback.

rumit, good pt, i'm in the same situation. in fact, i'm about ready to send in a withdrawal letter -- i was just curious