UC Davis housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

janker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

If anyone here would like to share a place in Davis next year, let's get in touch! I'm not sure where the best areas to live would be, so any advice would be appreciated. I know that the on Campus housing waitlists are already closed so I'm looking for something off campus to share w/ some cool people.

Thanks
Aseem

Members don't see this ad.

I'm down. I was hoping to get a 2bd/2bth in davis for ~900. I wouldn't mind renting a house with a couple of other med students either. There is a lot of information on the uc davis suspense thread. Feel free to PM me if you find any leads or anyone else who is interested.

If you haven't done so already, make sure you check the local newspaper online classifieds (www.davisenterprise.com). I ended up finding a house to rent when I started medical school. In the past, they used to post their new listings on Sundays and possibly on Thursdays, although I don't know if that still applies. Most medical students start out living in Davis for the first two years and then move to Sacramento for the last two years. The medical school is located west of the main campus. My classmates tended to live pretty much anywhere in the city, although the west and northern areas were quite popular. If you have a car, it really doesn't matter where in the city you live since commuting is a piece of cake. If you don't plan on having a car, Davis is still an easy city to get around in. A bike would be essential in this case. It will be quieter outside of downtown (lots of undergrads), but even that level of activity is not bad at all.

It used to be that students (undergrad and grad) started looking for fall housing in the spring. Most apartments are on yearly leases and many managers sign those leases in the spring. A few years ago, the vacancy rental was pretty low so competition was high. I think it has changed somewhat because many people have purchased homes, some of them to rent out. It may be that it is actually easier to find a place to rent now, but I'm not sure. That being said, I didn't find a place to live until July or August. You may also want to check with the secretary at Davis (Teri) to see if she may have additional info. The fourth years are getting ready to move on and many start offering their rentals to the other students. Most are in Sacramento but some are in Davis. Additionally, some landlords prefer to rent to medical students because they are seen as more responsible.

Good luck

Hey there,

If anyone is looking for housing for the Fall, let's get in touch. I have a few leads in West Davis, but I need some roommates!

Thanks!

Aseem
[email protected]
510-825-3846