UC Davis or University of Puget Sound for pre-dental path?

wovenchocolate

Reaction score
I got into both University of Caifornia Davis and the University of Puget Sound (small liberal arts school in Tacoma, Washington), and was wondering if anyone knew which one gave the best preparation/how well they both prepare students for dental school.

I know that for dental school it is important to have a high GPA, high DAT score, and do volunteering/shadowing/some sort of clinical experience in a dentist's office. What resources do the schools offer for pre-dental students? Is there a community who studies for the DAT, are their research and volunteering opportunities specifically at a dental clinic? How easy is it to get those opportunities?

I also plan to major in biology for both schools, and am worried that it will be hard to maintain a high GPA in UC Davis because it is such a large school and they grade on a curve. Also, since Davis is such a large school that means that they probably have more opportunities for health students but I am worried that those opportunities will be impossible to take advantage of because there is such a high competition.

If anyone can answer these questions, or has any other advice about the pre-dental path at any of these schools please share! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Moving to hSDN.

In terms of opportunities, you are probably better off asking the admissions office at the schools to see if they can put you in touch with students, or maybe you can talk to the pre-dent/pre-med (since you posted this in med as well) societies/clubs at the schools to see what sorts of things are available.

In terms of GPA, go to the school you will get the higher GPA at. The name of your undergrad does not matter for dental schools.