UC Davis Post-bach

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

relentless11

Going broke and loving it
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm just wondering if anyone here who is now an MD, has done the post-bach program at UC Davis? I have the brochure, since i go there, but i just want some insight on how it was, and how much(or little?) it helped you to get into med school.

The main thing is i just want to know how much it improved the chances of getting in i guess. And what methods they have to allow you to improve your records, from GPA, MCAT, to anything else. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't recall Davis having a post-bac when I was there (for undergrad). I don't recall anyone from Davis ever going through the program either...however, based on the undergrad education there, I would say the program is very strong. Perhaps too strong, since there isn't any grade inflation like you would see at Ivy league schools or Stanford.

You really have to do well to earn an A at Davis...

I've heard a lot of good things about the program up at UCD...

In fact, I'm seriously thinking of applying there, as well as Georgetown and a few other Post-Bacc programs after I graduate... just in case med school doesn't work out, that is.

I can't say I know anyone personally that has attended that program, but I always am privy to hearsay from one source or another (mostly faculty) that it is a solid program, but doesn't accept many kids, and of those, are already highly qualified for med school.