1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

uc davis recs Q, trivial but important to me

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Ronin, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Ronin

Ronin Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have been trying to reach UCD office of admissions, but whenever i called i always got an answering machine. i left a couple of messages already, though, but no response so far.
    My question is...on the secondary application form it says that "appropriate letter writers include science/non-science instructors, employers, community service agency directors/coordinators, and faculty members supervising undergraduate/graduate research experience. Limit 3.", but how about a letter written by my supervisor at work who was not my emplyer or boss but was just a higher-ranking employee?
    this question might sound trivial, but since that job really meant a lot to me, i truly want to submit that letter. If someone had a similar problem, please tell me what you did or what the UCD office told you. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mudd

Mudd Charlatan & Trouble Maker
    7+ Year Member

Although it does not fit their criteria to a tee, it general fits in the employer category. If the person can comment on your work ethic and qualities, it should be a great letter.

Also, the Davis admissions office is notorious for being inept and inconsiderate, so do not take it personally. The director of admissions (ED) has never returned an e-mail in his life, from what I hear.

4. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

i agree that your work supervisor is ok.

we can just send a committee letter, right?

5. Ronin

Ronin Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks a bunch, Mudd & Lola!