uc davis recs Q, trivial but important to me

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Ronin, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Ronin

Ronin Senior Member

I have been trying to reach UCD office of admissions, but whenever i called i always got an answering machine. i left a couple of messages already, though, but no response so far.
    My question is...on the secondary application form it says that "appropriate letter writers include science/non-science instructors, employers, community service agency directors/coordinators, and faculty members supervising undergraduate/graduate research experience. Limit 3.", but how about a letter written by my supervisor at work who was not my emplyer or boss but was just a higher-ranking employee?
    this question might sound trivial, but since that job really meant a lot to me, i truly want to submit that letter. If someone had a similar problem, please tell me what you did or what the UCD office told you. Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mudd

Mudd Charlatan & Trouble Maker

Although it does not fit their criteria to a tee, it general fits in the employer category. If the person can comment on your work ethic and qualities, it should be a great letter.

Also, the Davis admissions office is notorious for being inept and inconsiderate, so do not take it personally. The director of admissions (ED) has never returned an e-mail in his life, from what I hear.

4. lola

lola Bovine Member

i agree that your work supervisor is ok.

we can just send a committee letter, right?

5. Ronin

Ronin Senior Member

Thanks a bunch, Mudd & Lola!