• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
Jun 12, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Hello Everyone!!

I am having a very difficult time with this decision and would appreciate your insight/personal experiences. Growing up a California resident, UC Davis was my "only" choice because of proximity to family, cost and it’s #1 ranking. However, during this application process I fell in love with Texas A&M and the opportunity to experience new things. I realized the financial differences between these schools would be negligible, if it was not more beneficial to attend TAMU due to cost of living. It appears TAMU's tracking system may be better designed for individuals desiring mixed practice like myself, but UC Davis currently has a more advanced small animal hospital and "block" curriculum. Additionally, I personally found the environment at TAMU much more inviting/rich and student oriented than UC Davis. I'm surprised by how negatively my interview day affected my interpretation of UC Davis, but I can't ignore it. I don't want to give up my childhood dream but I also don't want to pass up an opportunity for a better fit simply due to notoriety. What other factors should I consider and what personal experiences good/bad have you had with these programs?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.