UC Davis' Wildlife/Zoo Medicine Annual Symposium

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moosenanny

UC DAVIS class of 2014!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
View attachment Wildlife Symposium Save-the-Date.pdf

Hello fellow Zoo/Wildlife Pre-Vets and Veterinary Students!

On behalf of UC Davis' "Wildlife and Aquatic Animal Medicine Club," I would like to invite you to our 19th annual Symposium, which is scheduled for February 9th and 10th, 2013.

Our theme this year is "The Challenges of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine." Twelve zoo and wildlife vets from around the country will be presenting on a variety of topics. Some of our speakers include vets from the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, USDA, the California Wildlife Center (rehab facility), the Marine Mammal Center, and the University of Florida (please see the attached flyer for more details).

Our symposium will take place on the UC Davis veterinary school campus. If you are in the area - please consider attending in person (great networking)! But fear not if you live far from Northern California . . . you can also join in via webinar, which broadcasts the Symposium live. What could be better than learning about zoo and wildlife medicine from the comfort of your own computer screen? :)

We anticipate offering 12 CE credits to veterinary attendees. Tentative pricing for webinar is $9 per day. All proceeds go to our student-run club, which is a non-profit. Online registration will open around mid-December; I will bump the thread once it is up and running.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/clubs/waam/symposium/index.cfm

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely can't attend in person, but could probably do the webinar! Thanks for offering that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great Psoro! :thumbup: The webinar is pretty cool. You see the powerpoints in real time to the speaker's voice, and can instant message any questions you have to be answered at the end of each talk

Last edited:
I went last year. Loved it.

Awesome :) If you come again this year, be sure to introduce yourself (I'll be the one introducing the speakers and making sure things go smoothly)!

Thank you for posting this! It looks like you have some great speakers lined up!

Wish I could make it but it's a little far from Sicily. I would love to hear from all of those uncommon vets. Make sure you take advantage of this unique opportunity to do some good relationship-building.

Yes - Sicily is a bit far :) But depending on the time difference, you could always "attend" virtually through our webinar option! It broadcasts the speakers' PowerPoint presentations and voices live to your computer screen, and you can instant message in questions.

Shoot, I'm going to my school's animal behavior conference the same weekend :scared: Too many awesome things!!!

I went last year as well....thought it was great. I especially enjoyed the presentation by the vet involved in Elephant medicine.

I went last year as well....thought it was great. I especially enjoyed the presentation by the vet involved in Elephant medicine.

His talk was my favorite as well!!! So we invited him back to speak again this year :D . . . most likely about the size extremes in zoo medicine (super tiny patients vs. very large)

Who qualifies for the student pricing? Any student at all or do you need to be attending vet school/UCD right now?

Who qualifies for the student pricing? Any student at all or do you need to be attending vet school/UCD right now?

Any student qualifies! I suppose we're going off of the honor system since there won't be a way to check ID's for students who sign up for the webinar . . . ;)

Awesome, thanks for posting. I definitely can't attend in person, but the webinar sounds great. Will have to see what all we have going on that weekend and sign up :)

And here is our official advertisement flyer, complete with speaker schedule :D We hope to "see" many of you virtually via our webinar . . .

Attachments

• 2013 Symposium Flyer.pdf
    145.9 KB · Views: 55