UC interviews????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seffeed

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody receive interview letters/calls/emails from any of the UC schools? I've only heard from UCSD; interviewed there last week. As far as the other UC's go, I have only received their post-cards saying that my secondary has been received.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't really heard anything else either... how was UCSD? I'm interviewing there on Thursday? I did get a "hold" letter from UCSF, which I assume is their way of torturing you just a little bit more before they outright reject you. That was probably 3-4 weeks ago. Let me know if you hear anything else (and I would definitely like to hear what you thought of UCSD). Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply.

UCSD is a really nice campus and the interviews were laid back. I had two interviews, one with a Ph.D. and one with an M.D. prof. I had informal chats with both but the typical interview questions were asked, such as "why do you want to be a doctor?," affirmative action issues, abortion issues, mid-east issues, "if you were accepted to Hopkins and UCSD, which would you choose?" That was basically it. After the two interviews, they feed you and two students give you a tour around the campus. Lastly, the admissions director breaks down the process of their decision-making...this was very informative!! Overall, I got the impression that the faculty were friendly, the students seemed happy, the administrative stff was very nice, and the campus is beautiful. Good luck, I hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info! By the way, I forgot to mention it earlier, but I do know that UCSF has started interviewing, so if you are waiting to hear from them, you will probably get some sort of an update relatively soon. Good luck!

By the way, in talking to other interviewees at UCSD today, all the other UCs (except for Davis) have started interviewing...