UC Irvine HOLD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ralphy

Ralphy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just found out that I am on HOLD from UCI. Has anyone had experience with this? Has anyone gotten an interview after the HOLD.

Also is there any other status for UCI except intervier or Hold or rejection?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hm I just checked my status and got the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
im in the same boat, and i was complete early mid aug

I'm on it too - so are lots of people - in the last month about 5 of these threads have been made.

Search search search - lots and lots of threads on this. Also you can find posts from people who did get in last year after being put on hold. Yes, it happens. Search and you won't waste front page space and you'll get more answers.

I was complete over a month ago. My status still says "Pending Review." I wonder if this is a hold? Do yours say "on hold?"

I was complete over a month ago. My status still says "Pending Review." I wonder if this is a hold? Do yours say "on hold?"

Yes under interview status it will say "On Hold." It took them a little over a month to do that for me.

I just found out that I'm on Hold too. ugh... why o why...

People have gotten off the hold list in the past, so don't give up. My friend got an interview several days after being put on hold. Oddly enough, my status never changed from "pending review."

People have gotten off the hold list in the past, so don't give up. My friend got an interview several days after being put on hold. Oddly enough, my status never changed from "pending review."

Thank you. Good to hear. I got so depressed b/c I thought I really had a shot at UCI. Hopefully they will change their mind soon.

Anybody have a change in their status?

:luck:

I've been on hold since 8/28. Had a number of interviews (and one at UCLA so haha UCI) but no change here. I'm on pre-interview hold here and UCSD since 8/31.

UC's are too slow

I've been on hold since 8/28. Had a number of interviews (and one at UCLA so haha UCI) but no change here. I'm on pre-interview hold here and UCSD since 8/31.

UC's are too slow

DasaCohen, does your answer imply you already received at least a secondary from UCI? (e.g. does a pre-interview "hold" apply only to people who have already received and turned in secondaries?)

Yea. Btw funny subtitle :)

I got a secondary from UCI on July 21st, turned it in about August 21st, and have been on post secondary pre interview hold since August 28th

hope that helps...

Dasacohen,

Thanks for the info. Le sigh.. That wasn't the news I was hoping to hear, but I suppose I should have known. If the secondary deadline has passed then, duh, there's no chance I'd be issued a secondary at this point. Thanks for the info though--best of luck!

Hehe.. Status pages DO confuse me..especially Drexel's. Bewilderment is actually a more apt description.

I'm 'on hold for an interview' at UCSD, so kinda the same situation I guess. They actually sent me an email to let me know... I was like '...why even bother?' :b