UC Irvine Interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

picklebee

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there:

UC Irvine just called me today for an interview after I appealed last week! Luck at last! (I think...) Anyway, just wondering if anyone could give me some insight or advice for my interview this Friday. And for those still in the waiting game, there's still hope! Good luck everyone! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

wow, congrats. see, i always say never to give up.

just make sure u say you are really interested. and if you have been accepted elsewhere or on the waitlist elsewhere, you may be asked why uci over some other place? be ready with good reasons.

but you never know what your gonna get! good luck.

Congrats! :thumbup:

Everyone there is super friendly and the interview should be really relaxed so don't worry about it. Make sure that you keep a smile on your face and that you keep eye contact with the interviewer the whole time. My interviewers noticed that I kept good eye contact with them and they appreciated it. It shows confidence and interest.

Best of luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey picklebee, how did you appeal? were you placed on the on hold pile for interview? i wanna appeal now too! i really wanna stay in california...i got an acceptance to albany and i'm waitlisted at temple and mco but i'd love to go to uci!

Hey Sharsky:

I was in the same situation as you, in the "on hold" pile forever. I got tired of waiting for that rejection letter, so I emailed them on 4-14 asking about my status. Gayle, the admissions director, wrote me back saying that they weren't planning on giving me an interview, but if I wanted one, to appeal asap by 4-15. So I wrote an appeal email, and today Gayle called me to set up an interview. Best day in months! Anyway, I don't know if they're going to allow any more appeals. It might be too late. My advice is to call the office and ask for their advice. Gayle, btw, is a sweetheart. Good luck! :)