uc irvine is rejecting!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tank you

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
checked status page today, rejected 11.14 :(

Members don't see this ad.

i posted to you on the wall of shame--I thought they started rejecting later-there goes a shot at staying in southern california

wanttobedoc18: didnt u apply to keck? im still keeping my fingers crossed for an interview there...i also want to stay in socal very much!

Members don't see this ad :)
I did, i'm hoping also-I have average numbers and I took the August MCAT!..I want an interview there so badly--hope you get one also!

jtank said:
they actually put "rejected" on their status page?? :eek: ouch!

gintien said:
when were u complete jtank?

i wasnt, i never received a secondary.
and it says "Admission Denied" on the status screen.

*sniff* ok, time to go cry in the shower. :(

UCI Interview ON HOLD!!! =(

Ah that's brutal, sorry to hear. I'm sure we'll all get some Cali love sooner or later ;)

fock, i'm on hold. what does that mean.
-mota

Yea, I got a fatty rejection fro UCI today too. No worries, I still have plenty of hope.

This process does test your patience and will power though...

Been on hold there since a week after completion. I think it's there way of saying, "you aren't good enough, but we won't reject you just in case 95% of our accepted pool decides they aren't coming here" or something along those lines

is anyone else still pending review?? i've been complete since 8.25. i sometimes wonder if there is actually any SYSTEM to how uci orders their review of apps.
whatever it is, it's definitely not rolling.

Members don't see this ad :)
The computer program picks who they want to keep. With several publications while researching at UCI I still cant get in they will not even look at my file. Some day they will realize they are missing a lot of highly qualified applicants...

Its ok. Swallow and move on.

jtank said:
i wasnt, i never received a secondary.
and it says "Admission Denied" on the status screen.

*sniff* ok, time to go cry in the shower. :(

:( :(

That sucks. Isn't Irvine your alma mater?? booooooo :thumbdown:

they should have at least interviewed you. not like you'd have to fly across the country or something for it. anyway, it's their loss, believe it! :smuggrin:

ive been complete since 9/9 but still pending review :(

gintien said:
ive been complete since 9/9 but still pending review :(

Complete since 8/29 and still pending review. Maybe by Christmas. :)

tacrum43 said:
Complete since 8/29 and still pending review. Maybe by Christmas. :)

maybe theyre saving us for interviews :laugh:

yahabiby1 said:
The computer program picks who they want to keep. With several publications while researching at UCI I still cant get in they will not even look at my file. Some day they will realize they are missing a lot of highly qualified applicants...

Its ok. Swallow and move on.

would you by chance happen to know what criteria the computer program is set to? (i know this is futile but i feel like i have to ask anyway).

jtank said:
I submitted my AMCAS in June and hadn't heard a thing (outside of the confirmation that they had my complete AMCAS). I finally called last week and was told that I'd been rejected (sans interview)- and they'd made the decision on 8/31!!!! What's with all this foot dragging and not telling us? gah!

I guess I should be glad that I have not yet received a secondary?

....okay well, at least the pain gets to be postponed.

MB in SD said:
I guess I should be glad that I have not yet received a secondary?

....okay well, at least the pain gets to be postponed.

the thing that really pisses me off is that i didnt even receive a secondary! :mad: i mean, i know i have a low gpa, but with my mcat and awesome ec's, i should have at least received a secondary, i go there for undergrad for gods sake, i even conducted research for one summer at the medical school!! :thumbdown:

gintien said:
maybe theyre saving us for interviews :laugh:

Well yeah! Hello? Of course they are. ;)

They put me on hold briefly (for like a week) before rejecting me pre-interview, but it was March by then (stupid August MCAT). Eh, like it would have mattered. I wrote a letter confessing my undying love for UCI to the Dean, but she was apparently unmoved. Guess that happens when you've got a bazillion other applicants.

I heard one SMPer did get in to UCI last year. They had better make a very positive impression for us. :)

haha yeah, the guy that got into UCI is a good buddy of mine from the SMP...it was funny because he got waitlisted and then dropped in with french pastries for everyone in the admin office! He got his acceptance shortly after :laugh:

tacrum43 said:
Well yeah! Hello? Of course they are. ;)

They put me on hold briefly (for like a week) before rejecting me pre-interview, but it was March by then (stupid August MCAT). Eh, like it would have mattered. I wrote a letter confessing my undying love for UCI to the Dean, but she was apparently unmoved. Guess that happens when you've got a bazillion other applicants.

I heard one SMPer did get in to UCI last year. They had better make a very positive impression for us. :)

gintien said:
haha yeah, the guy that got into UCI is a good buddy of mine from the SMP...it was funny because he got waitlisted and then dropped in with french pastries for everyone in the admin office! He got his acceptance shortly after :laugh:

How could they not see through that? Does he work there or know the people, or just say "Hi, I'm an applicant. Here are some pastries :):wink-wink::)."

That sounds like pure BS.

BTW, what is an "SMPer?"

I've been "pending review" since early August.

Im sure they saw that he was kissing ass but 1.) it showed that he really wanted to go there and 2.) he really is a nice guy and 3.) he went in to say hi and check his application status and waitlist movement (he was UCI alum and also lives in the Irvine area).

SMP=Special Masters Program at georgetown and I just call the people that went there SMPers

MB in SD said:
How could they not see through that? Does he work there or know the people, or just say "Hi, I'm an applicant. Here are some pastries :):wink-wink::)."

That sounds like pure BS.

BTW, what is an "SMPer?"

qr321 said:
I've been "pending review" since early August.

so have I...kinda wierd isnt it?
Apparantly they do not review applications in the order they were received. They have another system for reviewing them. I called today to ask why i was still pending review and was told this.

attaboybambeeks said:
Apparantly they do not review applications in the order they were received. They have another system for reviewing them. I called today to ask why i was still pending review and was told this.
arrgh! me too! I've been pending since 8/10!! I wonder what kind of strange system they have.. All this time I thought getting my app in super early would get it reviewed sometime this year!!! maybe I'll bake them some pumpkin muffins to try and speed things up a bit :p

I was complete on 11.10. I'm still pending.

LT8R said:
I was complete on 11.10. I'm still pending.

You've been complete for just a week? Well what are you complaining about?

tacrum43 said:
You've been complete for just a week? Well what are you complaining about?

:laugh: SO true.

Their review process it truly strange. They have not hesitated to review people whose applications were complete in September or later. (both to place them on hold and invite some to interviews)

UCD seems to be so much more efficient (and more rolling!) with reviewing apps, and UCSD and even UCSF are not bad either. what's up with uci??

Does anyone know anybody who has ever gotten an interview after being placed "on hold" ??

attaboybambeeks said:

This completely $hits on the idea of getting it in early.

There should be a list compiled for SDNers of schools that do this so that they know where not to rush secondaries...