UC Irvine post-interview decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaldobruin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know how long it takes for UCI to get back to you post-interview? I interviewed on 3/21 and I'm wondering when and how I will hear back. I heard that Dr. Peterson calls you if you are accepted, is that true? What day does she usually call?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey chaldobruin! I interviewed on 1/22 and heard a decision on 2/12. She does call if you're accepted, though I don't know what day (I was waitlisted). My interviewer said she called him on a Sunday night last year, but I think it varies per review batch. Good luck!

I interviewed 11/27 and was waitlisted 12/21. Hope you get the call though! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 3/5... no word yet. :confused:

I'll probably be hearing any day now...

hey, I interviewed on 3/21 as well. no word yet for me either. Good luck!

Does anyone what is the chance of getting off the UCI's waitlist?

Does anyone what is the chance of getting off the UCI's waitlist?

Only an assumption, but I would say good. Also, from checking out UCI C/O 2010 thread last year, seemed a lot of people got in in May/June :) GL!

Hey...

I interviewed on 3/5 and got the call (email, really... I wasn't home) today.

So, for the record, Dr. Peterson calls on weekdays, too.

she called me four weeks after i interviewed on a saturday. btw i interviewed in early oct and heard first week of november. goodluck!

Hey...

I interviewed on 3/5 and got the call (email, really... I wasn't home) today.

So, for the record, Dr. Peterson calls on weekdays, too.

awesome man, congrats!! Are you attending UCI for sure?

I interviewed 3/21, hope to hear within a week or two.. praying I get in.. good luck and hopefully we can be classmates

awesome man, congrats!! Are you attending UCI for sure?

I interviewed 3/21, hope to hear within a week or two.. praying I get in.. good luck and hopefully we can be classmates

Looks like it....

Waitlisted at NYU, Columbia, and Stanford. However, I think only Stanford would trump UCI.

I work at a lab there right now... it's about 100 feet from the medical school. EVERYONE is chill and pretty frikkin happy considering they're med school students. Every time I talk with them they tell me how great it is and give me tips on how to get in! (Apparently, letters of intent really help if you're waitlisted).

If you interviewed on 3/21, they'll probably get back to you by the end of April. UCI's adcom meetings are apparently only every 2 weeks or so, so it takes them a while to make a decision.

Good luck. :luck: