UC Irvine stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoGoPandaBot

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Found this on a UCSF thread -

6000 apps
1500 secondaries
500 interviews

Anyone know what the corresponding figures are for Irvine, or Davis?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Found this on a UCSF thread -

6000 apps
1500 secondaries
500 interviews

Anyone know what the corresponding figures are for Irvine, or Davis?

Applied, interviewed, accepted

Davis: 4,109 392 202
Irvine: 3,798 455 277
LA: 5,465 698 245
San Diego: 5,018 629 301
SF: 5,298 538 257

Irvine also gives out about 1500 secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was mostly the secondaries I was after, because the rest you can get in the AMSAR.

Does anyone know whether following message on the status page is indication that no secondary will be forthcoming?

***At this time you have not been awarded a Secondary Application. Thank you for your patience!

How about 3 weeks of this message? Thanks:eek:

i am guessing your OOS because all californians get a 2ndary automatically. youll have to wait a bit longer as if you look at the msar it shows irvine only interviewd 8 people form OOs. best of luck!

I don't think Cali residents automatically get them - the numbers don't add up. Irvine claims to give out 1500 secondaries each year and they received 3200 application from Cali residents last year.

i am guessing your OOS because all californians get a 2ndary automatically. youll have to wait a bit longer as if you look at the msar it shows irvine only interviewd 8 people form OOs. best of luck!

Actually, all the UC's screen, so many Californians don't receive secondaries if they don't make the first cut...Not me, personally, but I know a couple friends who still haven't gotten any...

are you serious! WOW! that makes me feel kind of special i got secondaries from all the uc's (im in-state) and i thought that everyone got them. yay me! do they screen for interviews too, or just invite everyone?

You again.

Buh-bye.

Actually, all the UC's screen, so many Californians don't receive secondaries if they don't make the first cut...Not me, personally, but I know a couple friends who still haven't gotten any...

yeah california is hard to get in as they are the best us state!

Im an in-state, Berkeley grad, but Ive also heard that not all in-states get a secondary. I had issues with my transcripts, so Im late in the process, but so far, so good. Fortunately, the secondaries are streaming in every day now (even though most are automatic.)

Any idea how long Davis usually takes to decide about the secondary? I was just verified about a week and a half ago. Irvine took a week.