* UC-IRVINE *

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammmeyeam

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Please post STRENGTHS / WEAKNESSES of UC-Irvine College of Medicine.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i live pretty near uci so i have an idea of what it looks like. Facilities pretty new, although med school is 20 minutes drive away from hospital. as a result, you get a 'traditional' education in various science topics the first two years; then rotations at hospital, so you should be good for usmles. i think that uci caps off students who either have really poor stats, or really great stats.

Great school, Interviewed there and was accepted. The campus is not that inspiring, but there seems to be a huge push in increasing their research facilities and research on campus. This could mean an increased med school endowment and the positives that come along with it. They got a GREAT library and the students seem extremely happy there. Campus is safe as its not in the city like other medical schools, its enclosed on the UCI campus. Tuition is cheap of course.

Some drawbacks is the distance of the hospital. 12 miles away! It adds up in the end. The medical facilities are adequate, but could be better. The lounge needs work but is also adequate. It's also isolated on the UCI campus away from the city, so it has a dry bland appeal.

UCI's a great school, but I chose Saint Louis University instead. Good luck.

wyldstyle2000