UC, Irvine's joke.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngjock

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is an email that I got from UCI a while ago, it is kinda funny, so i am posting it.

"Thank you for your time and concerns. Please apply again to our school.

xxxxxx
College of Medicine
Office of Admissions and Outreach
Medical Education"

Yea, uci is not a theme park, if you didn't accept me the first time, how am I suppose to apply again?

what a joke.

Members don't see this ad.

I went to UCI and Im sorry to say but that is the way they do stuff down there. Always, half ass... hey, kind of like AMCAS!

The wording is odd, very short and especially not inviting, very atypical of standard rejection letters from medical schools. Did you insult them in some way in a communication with admissions?

In general, applicants rejected from a medical school may reapply, but would have to have significant improvement on the reapplication: higher grades in the senior year, higher GPA/MCAT, revised and better personal statement, more/better recommmendation letters, more medically related experience, whatever there may have been a shortfall in the first time around.

Some reasonable number of reapplicants are accepted on a second go-around.

Geez...that IS unusual. Most rejection letters are more detailed and at least "wish you luck in your future endeavors".

Makes me wonder...is this worse than NOT hearing at all? Despite paying application fees, some residency programs couldn't be bothered to even send me an email telling me to "get off the lawn". Its unprofessional and disappointing IMHO to pay for a service and then not have it acknowledgedor to have it done so in UCI's fashion.

Wonder what lilycat has to say about her school's behavior? :confused: