UC Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

envelope

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

do u know which UCs give scholarships/grant money?

specifically, do any of you know if ucsd offers regents scholarships and when would we find out about those?

thanks =)

Members don't see this ad.

I know someone that I think got a full ride at UCLA last year (He's MS1 now). So I think med schools do do things similar to the undergrad regent scholarships.

hey envelope did you mail in the UCSD financial aid forms yet? I just sent them in last week. I know they give grants and loans to most people and I'm pretty sure they give merit based scholarships to amazing people.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey kevin,
yup i sent them in two weeks ago i think...did u apply for affiliated housing btw?

Yeah I'm on the housing waitlist. But, I refuse to do the tiny 4 bedroom thing. I just put down the one bedrooms and studios.

i know something about ucla...

i called on monday and the fin aid lady told me that first you must fill out all the papers. then you are elegible to need based scholarships to which you can apply. merit based scholarships are granted by a special fin aid committee based on their own decision...you cannot apply for those whatsoever. then there are outside scholarships. the fin aid office should give you the resources for those...at ucla, they plan to update their website with those sources soon.

does that help??

i thought we were automatically considered for need based scholarships.

hey kevin,
do u have aim or email? i have lots of things to ask =)
did u get that email saying to update ur waitlist housing thing...cuz i did but i couldn't access it...=(

hmmm...all i know is that you must complete the files to get anything. that might be obvious, but u must fill out the papers. when she said you can apply for need based ones im thinking she was trying to make the point that the merit based ones are decided by the committee. it makes sense that you dont need to apply for need based scholarships, well besides the gen fin aid app.

hmm. i need to look more into this.

well..i know as for one school, uc davis, you dont need to apply for fin aid to get a merit scholarship. I was fortunate enough to receive a regent's scholarship there and that was before i turned in my fin aid app.

nice somekevinguy. well with those stats, im sure everyone wants you! congrats man.

it would be awesome if i got a regent scholarship!

thanks everyone for the info =) it really helps.

keep the info coming =)