UC Schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by I can't think of a name, Oct 25, 2001.

1. I can't think of a name

I can't think of a name Senior Member

Does anyone know if UC Irvine, UCLA, or UC Davis are interviewing yet?

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aisha

aisha Senior Member

i have a freind interviewing at UCI on nov 6

4. Kazzar

Kazzar Psychiatrist

Attending Physician
    Yeah I got an interview at UCI. The first interview date this year is Thursday, November 8th. He expects there to be 22 students at the session. It looks like they do their invites in groups. Assumming they interview 500 students, we can expect this to be a weekly thing for about 25 weeks or so.

I got this information from Gayle Pierce, the person that sends out secondaries and invitations for interview, so its valid, un-rummored stuff (except the 25 week thing, thats my guess).

5. I can't think of a name

I can't think of a name Senior Member

Thanks aisha and kazzar for the info! Kazzar - when did you turn in the secondary? I turned it in a little bit ago, but haven't heard anything yet :(

Thanks!

6. Rumit

Rumit Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    UCLA and UCSF have started interviewing. And I finally got a secondary from UCI. It sure did take them a long time.

Adam

7. Kazzar

Kazzar Psychiatrist

Attending Physician
    I just heard some interesting stuff from another applicant at the USC interview I had today. UCI, in its desperation to catch up to the other schools, has decided to skip the secondary and let some select students interview. I hear this is the idea of Gayle Pierce, head of admissions which another applicant told me she had said "I went balls out and picked the students I'd want here." I know this to be somewhate true, because I just received an email saying they have received my secondary and will tell me soon when my application is complete --- uh I have an interview already.

Weird fun stuff. Don't expect the normal, nor compare yourself with me. I think I was just lucky, not based on anything in reality.

Best Wishes.

8. none

none 1K Member

Honestly, schools need to just go with the flow this year. They all did things way too early anyways.