Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UC secondaries

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by figure five, Sep 20, 2001.

1. figure five

figure five Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hey everybody

just wondering when you all started receiving secondaries from UCLA, UCSF, and UCSD...I got the UC Davis one right away, but I'm only just starting to get word from the others that they even received my common UC app...

those are my last three schools to do and I just want to be finished with all of this

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Homer J. Simpson

Homer J. Simpson 1st and goal from the 1 yard line.
    10+ Year Member

Anyone heard from Irvine?

4. Drako

Drako Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I just got an email from UCI Adcom today stating that they have received my UC application. They also said that they will be reviewing my application within the next eight weeks. Look like it is going to be a long wait!

5. baylor06

baylor06 Surgeon
    10+ Year Member

I rcv'd one from UCSF today, but I know based on posts in other topics (as well as several other premeds I talked to) that UCSD started several weeks ago and UCSF started sending their secondaries since at least 9/10....best wishes

6. cali79

cali79 Member
    7+ Year Member

UCSD started emailing secondaries before they asked for the UC application. I got the secondary early August.

7. cali79

cali79 Member
    7+ Year Member

UCSD started emailing secondaries before they asked for the UC application. I got the secondary early August.

8. coop

coop Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

for ucla the status check is at this link:

https://www.medstudent.ucla.edu/applications/appstat/appforms/status.htm

if you have been "requested to submit" a secodary, it will tell you when you log on there. I haven't gotten anything in writing from ucla, but that website told me to complete the secondary on 9/17

9. English Chick

English Chick Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey, thanks for the tip. I had no idea UCLA wanted a secondary from me until five minutes ago. Do you know if they screen?

10. Wednesday

Wednesday Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    All the UCs are supposed to screen. Congrats.

11. coop

coop Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i had no idea either until someone gave me that link. I think all the ucs screen, ucla and ucsf are known to be 2 of the biggest screeners in all the land.

12. Homer J. Simpson

Homer J. Simpson 1st and goal from the 1 yard line.
    10+ Year Member

Just bumping this back up. Still haven't received a secondary from Irvine and am wondering if anyone here has yet. Should I give them a call?

13. neecie

neecie Member
    7+ Year Member

I sent out my uc app 5 weeks ago and Irvine is the only school that I havent received confirmation from. I called them yesterday and they told me that they are nowhere near sending out secondaries yet. They are just starting to send out confirmation emails/cards to tell you they've received your uc application. The lady said it's going to be a couple weeks before some people even get notification that their app has been received. So, all we can do is wait.

An another note, I called UCSD because of all this talk about secondaries from them and they sent me one by email the next day. If anyone is applying there, I would give them a call. They screen, but for some reason, i think that giving them a call speeds up everything. Good luck guys!