UC Students having luck in Cali?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Jefe

The Jefe
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you other UC peeps have been getting any interviews or acceptances at California schools. I go to UCLA and still haven't even heard from Davis or UCLA about an interview. Stanford rejected me outright, and UCSF and UCI have already put me on hold. And I have interviews pending at UCSD and USC.
Seems like most people I've talked to haven't gotten much luck in state, even if they have interviews all over the place out of state.

Members don't see this ad.

i got interviews at UCSD and stanford. haven't heard squat from USC, UCLA, UCI after i submitted the secondary. hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

I interviewed at all the UC's except for UCI because they sent my secondary out so late I just tore it in half and threw it away.

I got flat out rejected w/o interview from Stanford. I was put on Hold from Davis, and am expecting the same from San Diego.

I was turned off by their schools, and I'm sure that the interviewers picked up on it. It also doesn't help when schools ask you where you've been..and your list contains alot of top 10 schools. Oh well...

Members don't see this ad :)
i got all the secondaries from the UCs. haven't heard from USC. interviewed at davis and was put in the "reconsideration pool" whatever the hell that means. i was not happy about that. but someone else posted that davis has only accepted 25 people so far. i am on hold for interview at UCSD. no word from UCI or UCLA. i have an interview at UCSF in feb and an acceptance at stanford. i will most likely go to stanford because i absolutely loved it. but why do the UC's hate us?

If you got accepted at Stanford you should be more than qualified for at least an interview at all the UC's. God these schools seem so random and arbitrary to me.

Still waiting to get an interview from Davis, need to send back the secondary to UCI. Outright rejected from UCSF and Stanford. And here's the best part: STILL WAITING FOR SECONDARIES FROM UCLA AND UCSF.

WTF?!?!?!?!

No love from UCSF (rejected me without secondary!!!), got put on interview hold at UCSD, still waiting to hear from stanford, USC, UCLA/Drew (post-secondary) and just like monkey runner no secondary from UCLA or UCI yet...it's so late in the application process....do you think my chances of getting in to UCLA are over?! :confused: :( f-ck it!!! if I don't get in to UCLA, then I'll just make the most of it at the school that does admit me....I'm not going to beg for their love...f-ck that!!! and I'm even a UCLA alumni !!!!

Got no love from Stanford. Straight out, post secondary--brutal rejection :(

I've had better luck with the UC's though. Interviewed at UCSD and UCLA, going to UCSF next month, and just got an invite from Davis this past week. Didn't complete Irvine secondary.

Interviewed at USC just recently. Really was impressed by the county hospital. A really exciting place to learn. Very comprehensive.

UCLA graduate
--------------

UCSF - rejection without secondary
UCLA - no secondary yet
UCSD - on 'HOLD' for an interview
Davis - rejection post-secondary
UCI - nothing post-secondary
USC - nothing post-secondary
Stanford - nothing post-secondary

This is the thread for me! Dr. Don and Monkeyrunner, I feel your pain--no UCLA secondary yet for me either. I got the UCD and UCSD later than many. I did interview at UCD and should hear something any day (please, please!) and I'm in the fabulous "hold for possible interview" at UCSD. I got rejected without a secondary from UCSF and appealed. They sent me a secondary and my file is just recently complete. I pray they give me an interview, but it doesn't look good based on what everyone else is saying. I got the UCI secondary pretty late and decided not to complete it. I've heard nothing from USC. Looks like I'll be going to Pritzker if it doesn't work out with the UC's. Cold weather, but I liked it.

UC's hate me...absolutely NO interviews from them...I am like "WTF"!!

I got secondaries from all them...

UCSF - rejection post-secondary
UCLA - Nuttin after secondary
Davis - rejection post-secondary
UCI - nothing post-secondary
USC - Interviewed in November
Stanford - Brutally rejected on October 1st!

Originally posted by thm:
•Looks like I'll be going to Pritzker if it doesn't work out with the UC's. Cold weather, but I liked it.•••

AND NOT A DAMN BAD SCHOOL :)
Pritzker is a great school man. Don't look back. Only LA or SF could compete :)

Congrats!

So for all you guys getting beat down in Cali how are you doing out of state?
I've gotten interviews at Baylor, UPenn, WashU, and UMich, which seem to be considerably better than some of these UC's that don't like me.

Members don't see this ad :)
UC Davis (Interviewed)
UC San Diego (up-comming interview)
UC San Francisco (up-comming interview)
UCLA (they can KISS my ass; no secondary)
UCI (secondary, haven't sent yet)
Stanford (complete 11/13/01; heard nothing since)
USC (complete, heard nothing)

UCLA has had my primary since 8/22 and I haven't heard squat regarding a secondary. I've heard of others with the 8/22 date; maybe there's some error in their system preventing them to review us or something. If not, I'm pretty much don't care anymore about UCLA.

wazz up peeps, good job joe..you are the man bro, as far as interviews go... I have not interviewed ANYWHERE!!!!! although I did receive a very nice letter from the University of Washington asking me to complete their screened secondary....so I'll do that and hope for the best :)

Originally posted by Jefe:
•So for all you guys getting beat down in Cali how are you doing out of state?
I've gotten interviews at Baylor, UPenn, WashU, and UMich, which seem to be considerably better than some of these UC's that don't like me.•••

Exactly the same with me...
Just no love with UC's...

But out of state I am doing wonderfully :)
Well, if Waitlists count as wonderful that is :)

in response to jefe's inquiry: i have had alot of out of state interviews. something like 18 offers from schools better than UCI and UCD atleast. like harvard, johns hopkins, georgetown, dartmouth,oregon, medical college of wisconsin, einstein, univ of pittsburgh, etc. what is up with the UC's? if they are not accepting or interviewing us, then who are they interviewing?

UCSF - didn't apply
UCLA - secondary
Davis - interviewed Dec. nothing yet
UCI - interviewed Dec. nothing yet
USC - nothing post-secondary
Stanford - nothing post-secondary

UCSD grad

UCSF-inteview
UCSD-interview
UCI-just sent in secondary round xmas since they sent it to me so damn late (bitter)
UCLA- no love post-secondary (hoping, praying,.......)
UCD- rejection

Anyone heard how UCD decides applicants? Someone told me that each adcom member gets a stack of 35 applicants and they get to chose five apllicants for interview. How arbitrary is that??!!

sproggin- i heard the same thing about Davis.

Cal State Grad

UCSD-interview in feb
UCLA-nothing yet after secondary
UCI- nothing yet after secondary
UCD-nothing yet after secondary
UCSF-nothing yet after secondary
Stanford-nothing yet after secondary
USC- nothing yet after secondary

Most of my secondaries were sent in mid-Nov.

Doing great out of state. Attended my 5th interview in 11 days today. Have Univ. of Alabama in the morning. (I'm in Birmingham as I type) Univ of Michigan is my highest ranking school so far that has granted an interview.

Interestingly enough, I have gotten good response from the UCs, but nothing from the private schools in CA.

I have interviewed at 4 UCs and have one at Davis next week. I have been accepted at San Diego. (I am expecting to be rejected from UCLA because the interview did not go well. I only had one interviewer. I am an alum from grad school there.)

I have not heard anything from Stanford or USC at all.

I have to agree with you all, it seems quite random at times.

I've been fortunate to have received interview offers from all Cali. schools I applied to...here's the update

UCI (interview next week)
UCD ("reconsideration pool")
UCSD (acceptable pool)
USC (accepted)

Did you guys know that UCLA has a similar screening process as UC Davis? I don't know if this is true or not, I'm just passing on information that I received from someone I spoke to in the Admissions office. Apparently, a number of files are given to faculty members. The faculty members then select a certain number of candidates to be interviewed.

I can sympathize with the Admissions offices at medical schools in that they have a lot of papers, etc., to deal with and so little time but given the importance of this process, I would think they would be a little more fair in their evaluation of applicants.

How were you guys notified of your "hold" status at UCSD?

grrr to the UCs

UCLA- no secondary...yet!
UCSF- rejected w/o secondary
UCSD- the infamous "hold for interview"
UCI- no word since secondary
UCD- nothing since secondary
USC- no love since secondary

I want to stay here at home...but it doesn't look good. Why are they taking so long? I've interviewed at out-of-state state schools...but no love from cali :( ...don't know what to think...