UCD Advice?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by altaskier, Jan 20, 2002.

1. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'

Anyone know anything about UCD medical school. Their website doesn't say much about the school. What are they focused on, etc?

Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. EpiII

EpiII Senior Member

UC Davis?

I thought they had a fairly good website. From what I know, they are:
    1. Interested in producing primary care physicians
    2. Interested in central and northern CA
    3. Interested in rural health care
    4. Interested in prevention (at least somewhat)
    5. Not anti- older/non-traditional students

4. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'

Thanks Epi... I'm interviewing there on Tuesday and just wanted some last minute info to cover my basis. I know you defintely need a car on the interview there. Did you interview there? What happens if you have an interview at 11 am and the orientation is at 9am? Do you just stay in orientation at the medical center in Sacramento for about an hour, until 10am and then drive over to the med school (that's where my interview is) and cut the interview short? I mean I guess so... but will they tell you where to go and all?

Thanks

5. puja19

puja19 New Member

The orientation doesn't last too long (about an hour) and it only takes 15-20 minutes to drive from Sacramento to the med school. They're very helpful and will tell you exactly where to go. From my experience there, I was plesantly surprised. Everyone was really enthusiastic about the school--both faculty and students. Good luck. :)

6. EpiII

EpiII Senior Member

altaskier,

Good questions about the logistics. I am interviewing there this Thursday (two days after you) and my first interview is at 8 am at the Med Center (Sacramento) and then the orientation is also at the Med Center at 9 am. I am fortunate in that regard. I am not sure when the next interview is or what else happens after that. You definitely need your own transportation. That aspect is unique - at least among the schools that I have been at so far.

Sorry I could not be more specific, but I am on the unexperienced side of this interview as well. :)

7. rajneel1

rajneel1 Senior Member

davis is goign through some major changes in curriculum like P/F etc. davis is a cute little town but the med school is ugh. oh well