EosDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2004
Status
Has anyone who has applied to either of these schools not received a response yet? whether it's an acceptance or rejection.

nyc_ranch

10+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
Status
EosDoc said:
Has anyone who has applied to either of these schools not received a response yet? whether it's an acceptance or rejection.

I received a Fedex yesterday from UCD -- the letter says I was excepted on the 25th of Feb.

My parents got a letter (also dated 25th of Feb) which arrived last Saturday -- a neg from RCSI. Interesting, no?

I finished my application on Feb 1st. So it was a fast turn around. I'm still waiting to hear from Trinity. A friend called and was told they haven't looked at this batch yet, but I read somewhere here that they had...so who knoweth...

Ratan1982

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2004
Status
So what's the deal. Do they send out rejection letters first from UCD or what?

sunny123

BOSCO!!!!
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
Pulling a rickshaw down Bay St.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I had a friend who recieved a rejection from UCD dated the 23rd of Feb (he recieved it 2 days ago).

sepaul

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2003
La Jolla, CA
Visit site
Status
I got in too...

sharife18

10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2004
Status
EosDoc said:
I received a rejection from Trinity just yesterday.

AliatUofT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
Status
i got my rejection from UCD yesterday
so i think they are starting to send out decisions

good luck everyone
ali

Arb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2004
Status
Good luck guys. It seems that it's difficult to tell what the Irish schools are looking for. Was it the lack of research/volunteer, low MCAT/GPA for these rejections?

AliatUofT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
Status
Arb said:
Good luck guys. It seems that it's difficult to tell what the Irish schools are looking for. Was it the lack of research/volunteer, low MCAT/GPA for these rejections?

who knows....i am not too sure
i have lots of research, lots of publications, some volunteering
MCAT 28Q
GPA undergrad 3.3, Grad 4.0
i am not if anyone really knows what schools like or dislike??????

thats just my belief
good luck all
Ali

OP
E

EosDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2004
Status
got my rejection from trinity yesterday.

I haven't heard from UCD too, but unfortunately I expect the same.

I had great research, publications, EXCELLENT references, good marks in both my udergrad and MSc, but a crappy MCAT--so I think that screwed me over; evethough I thought that Trinity and UCD didn't look at MCATs.

Arb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2004
Status
Or they don't think that you will fit into their program through your personal statement? What are their (Trinity, UCD, UCC) programs like?

Canadian Girl

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2005
Status
I've got an acceptance from UCD, rejection from RCSI and I haven't heard from trinity or cork yet.

Rico

10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2005
Status
Canadian Girl said:
I've got an acceptance from UCD, rejection from RCSI and I haven't heard from trinity or cork yet.
When did u apply to them?

Rico

10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2005
Status
AliatUofT said:
who knows....i am not too sure
i have lots of research, lots of publications, some volunteering
MCAT 28Q
GPA undergrad 3.3, Grad 4.0
i am not if anyone really knows what schools like or dislike??????

thats just my belief
good luck all
Ali
ALi you rock.
That sucks u didn't get into UCD. BTW, what happened to the Ottawa?

Reza

Wandaa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2005
Status
aliatuoft: i think that canadian and irish schools are similar in that it's not just grades/extra-currics that they're looking for but they also focus on the PERSON that is applying. different schools look for unique characteristics (which change from year to year) so it's hard to say where you'll get in. i got an acceptance from RCSI and a rejection from Trinity and there are a couple threads from people who were rejected at RCSI and got in at Trinity. anyway, just don't give up and good luck with the rest of your applications.

AliatUofT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
Status
thanks guys for the kind words

i am still waiting anxiously for some good news from ireland
i hope i get some good new soon

Reza: my ottawa interview is this week, so i am kinda nervous about it, but i have been pretty busy preparing for it, so i am hopeful i can get in to their program as my first choise.

good luck all
Ali