UCD/ University of Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jifi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard any post interview info from these schools??

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, don't know about UCD, but I (and several others) have been accepted at Iowa. I interviewed at Iowa in Mid October, and got the nod at the end of November.

I interviewed at Iowa on 12/19, and have not heard a word. I really loved it there too (became my first choice). For those out-of-staters that have been accepted, would you mind sharing your stats? And of course, are you planning on matriculating? I want to know if I have a prayer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Iowa on Dec 20th (I guess we just missed each other Spartan!). I received my acceptance on Jan 18. My GPA is 3.7 and I have a 33 MCAT. I am almost positive I will be matriculating. I loved it there!

I interviewd Iowa in early Jan and no word yet...how often do they send out notices? I was really impressed by the school, for those that are going...where are you guys from?

I'm a South Dakota resident, but I go to school in Indiana.

Westsidespartan,
I'm an out-of-stater too, but unlike scottie I'm beginning to think I will NOT be attending. I REALLY liked Iowa, but the money makes me nervous. I'm waiting for financial aid to come in (I've filed all my stuff), but unless Iowa comes through with some serious dough I'll be giving up my spot. I'm sure I'm not the only one, so if you end up on the waitlist, stay on it!

I interviewed at Iowa on 11/30, my file was complete on 12/15, and I was accepted on 1/18. I seem to remember hearing on interview day that the majority of people wouldn't hear anything until march, so I was surprised to hear so soon.

I'm an out-of-stater (MN), and like racergirl, will probably not be attending. Actually I had a really bad experience there on interview day--my tour guide was someone I went to high school with. He was an ass in high school and apparently some things don't change. The whole situation was pretty off-putting.

Scottie, why will you attend? What is the allure? Perhaps I'm missing something.

What is the allure of Iowa?

For me, it is not one thing, but rather the whole package. The students seemed incredibly happy there. The facilities are great (especially with the new building opening next fall!). I also really like the CELLS concept and the way that the building was built around the curriculum and the CELLS. Even though I don't really care about ratings, it doesn't hurt that Iowa is ranked in the top 30 for both research and primary care. It is also ranked in the top 5 for family practice and rural medicine, the areas that I am most interested in. I like the primary care focus, but also the fact that they have great specialty clinics at Iowa Health Care.

Also, I may be the minority here, but I'd rather not live in a big city. I really liked the "college town" feel of Iowa City. It seemed pretty, clean, and safe. And if I want to go to a city, Chicago is only about 3 hours away.
I like that the med school is close to the undergrad campus. I'm looking forward to going to big ten football and b-ball games (for a study break).

I haven't decided for sure yet, but I'm definitely leaning towards Iowa. I'd loved to hear anyone else's thoughts on the school.

Hey Jifi, I remember you from the UCD interview day. I remember you said you were from SF and had interviewed at Iowa.

Anyway, I think it's too early to hear from Davis. I also haven't heard anything from them.

I was the one sitting to your nearest left while we waited for the student interviewers.

Good Luck

Hey Jifi, I remember you from the UCD interview day. I remember you said you were from SF and had interviewed at Iowa.

Anyway, I think it's too early to hear from Davis. I also haven't heard anything from them.

I was the one sitting to your nearest left while we waited for the student interviewers.

Good Luck

scottie--sent you a PM

Iowa is my preference for all the reasons scottie said, plus, one more: pretty girls!

Some folks have said that they have heard from UC Davis, but mostly it was that they had been waitlisted.

I interviewed there on Jan 24th and they said that they had accepted 25 individuals so far and that it would take about 6-8 weeks for them to make a decision about our applications.

I interviewed at UC Davis on December 4 and was accepted January 17. They said the soonest I would know was six weeks, based on when the committee was planning to meet, but that it definitely could take longer. I was surprised but pleased to hear so soon. I think it all depends on when the committee is meeting. Hope this helps.