UChicago (Pritzker) acceptance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

girl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, i just got into Univ of Chicago- Pritzker med school!

interviewed 10/2
accepted 10/24

exactly 3 week turnaround, not bad... :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations. U of Chicago is a pretty great school. I interviewed last week and should hear in the next 3-4 weeks. Wish me luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was notified by phonecall from a 4th-year student, but I wasn't there when he called, so he told me to call Sylvia Robertson back.

Pritzker does all its acceptances by phone and wait-lists/rejections by mail. Interviews are given via e-mail.

my girlfriend and I both got the call from chicago today... I'm estatic to get an acceptance this early (or at all for that matter), but to get to go to such an awesome school, that I loved when I interviewed, and go there with my SO, my best friend in the entire world... it's beyond words.

enough with the mushy stuff, you guys was the facts:

2 x Interviewed 9/17, Accepted 10/23

:) :) :) :) :)

Coop and Girl, can I ask you guys what your stats are like to get into such an awesome school? and congrats! :) :D :) :D :)

Girl,
Congrats! I interviewed at Pritzker on 10/2 and am waiting for a reply. Are you in/out of state? Just wondering cuz 38% of their class is in state and I'm from Cali. Waiting for the phone call...

Lets make that congrats Coop, friend, and Girl. I actually interviewed on 10/1.

I interviewed there in early September, and I just found out today that I'm on the wait list. I still haven't received a letter. I called them and asked when I would find out, and they just told me over the phone.

I'm out-of-state, from New Jersey, but I'm a student at Northwestern so I'm sort of local. However, for the official records, I'm out-of-state.

Congrats to all who got into Pritzker!
What a great school. I interviewed on 10/4
and am still waiting to hear back from them.
I'm also a student at NU.
-Did any of you call back or speak w/ any
admin people in the days between interview
and acceptance?
I think I might call back to try to get
some contact info for random students if that
is possible just to get a little less biased
sampling of student opinion of the school.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!

hey... thanks for all the nice replies, both my gf (FL) and I (CA) are out of state for pritzker, but it's only a very slight preference because they can get that 35-40% mostly based on who, in the end, decides to matriculate.

the only coorespondance between interview and acceptance I had was sending sylvia a thank you note.

Coop and girl, thank you both for the private messages. :) :D :) :D :)

Coop and girl, I am also interested in U Chicago Pritzker and would like to know what kind of stats I need to be competitive. I am from Canada so it may be higher, but nonetheless, I want to have an idea (don't want to give myself false hope!) =)

If you can private message me, that'd be great.

Finally, congrats on your achievements. We all know it's a long road.

Coop and Girl, would you mind letting me know your stats as well?

thanks coop and girl for your replies