UChicago Pritzker acceptances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caseyumbs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who interviewed at UChicago in early December heard anything regarding a decision on their application?? Just a little curious and anxious...thanx

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at Pritzker in mid-November...has anyone who interviewed at the same time heard from them yet?

I interviewed at pritzker November 24, and I heard from them on January 20 (the letter was dated Jan. 15 though). Hope it helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they call if it's an acceptance? I heard they do, but ify says (s)he got a letter...

In any case, I hear they're about 3 weeks backed up because of the holidays, and that it can take up to 10 weeks post-interview to hear re: nov. and dec. interviews.

I interviewed in early December and I got the acceptance call last week. :clap: I'm still waiting on the paperwork though.

Also, on the day I interviewed, they mentioned it would be 6-10 weeks before people would hear so there is still plenty of time.

anybody else hear anything? please share!!

I interviewed late November and heard back late January, by letter dated Jan 15th. I'm hard to get ahold of by phone, so they might have missed me there.

Anka

I interviewed Jan 26 and am wondering if anyone who was there then (or later) has heard back from them?

is U of Chicago still offering interview invites? Anyone know how long their interview season lasts until?

thanks for the help!!

I got an e-mail from a student in the adcom. I deleted it but from what I remember, they are either just rounding up, or have finished the interviews. I'm sorry I don't remember exactly what it said, but it was one of those two things.

A friend of mine interviewed in late Jan and was called Friday

Have they begun to offer acceptances to alternates yet? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else there end of Jan or later and hear back one way or the other?

Anyone here from them. I also interviewed the last week of January and still no news...

This is 6 weeks, but I have seen from other posters we may be looking at 8-10 with them. Hopefully something will come by 3/15

Thanks for the update. I hope it isn't another waitlist letter like NU. I really hope.... Thanks for the heads up.

tried calling, got the "email us for status" message. Anyone hear anything?

I got a phonecall from Sylvia Robertson today, I'm in!!! Anyone else hear from them?

Congrats! I interviewed in mid-Feb, and am expecting nothing more than a waitlist since it was pretty late. I really did love the school, though.

Hey All,

Just found out that I got in! Feeling great about having the chance to come back home!

-rompy

Good deal Rompy

Trying to figger out jobs for my husband now. Going back home next week, may drop in and say hi to Sylvia. Aren't you into Mayo as well or am I thinking of someone else?

Originally posted by OldLady
Good deal Rompy

Trying to figger out jobs for my husband now. Going back home next week, may drop in and say hi to Sylvia. Aren't you into Mayo as well or am I thinking of someone else?

Hi OldLady,

Yep, that's me! It's a close call for me between U of C and Mayo. I think Mayo has the stronger clinical facilities, better name recongition, and more research in the areas that I'm interested in, but U of C is near home, Chicago is *so much* nicer than Rochester, U of C has a larger class, and I have a couple of friends at Pritzker who absolutely love it. :p

Good luck with job hunting! What sort of work does he do?

Congrats!

-rompy

Hey rompy, congrats on a job well done. :) Did you interview in late Jan as well?

edit: nm, got your pm. :D

Originally posted by rompy
Hi OldLady,

Yep, that's me! It's a close call for me between U of C and Mayo. I think Mayo has the stronger clinical facilities, better name recongition, and more research in the areas that I'm interested in, but U of C is near home, Chicago is *so much* nicer than Rochester, U of C has a larger class, and I have a couple of friends at Pritzker who absolutely love it. :p

Good luck with job hunting! What sort of work does he do?

Congrats!

-rompy

Hubby & I are engineers. He works for a top Semiconductor company (you can prolly guess which one) I think U of C's hospitals are very well regarded, though, and many in Chicago will allow you to see whatever you want. As for research, well U of C has Nobel Prizes up the wazoo, so don't worry too much about that. But I hear ya, I actually really liked Mayo and Northwestern. Guess my profile is more UofC-like. Rochester would be tough, esp if you are single...

Anyone else hear from UofC recently? I know the adcom meets every two weeks, and this is one of those weeks....

Anyone hear from Pritzker this week? Post if you did. :)