UCI secondary where are you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arajpar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recieved UCD and UCSD secondary apps but no UCI. I wasn't going to apply to UCI anyway and am mad i spent the $30 to put it on my AMCAS since they interviewed 3 out of staters last year and accepted none. I am just paranoid that maybe something was wrong with my app to warrant me not getting a secondary from them. Is it more selective than UCD and UCSD?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry too much about UCI because they are pretty heavy in their California bias. The competitiveness of the UC school system (and cut off formula for secondaries) works as follows: UCI < UCD < UCSD < UCLA < UCSF. It is most likely that your numbers are good but your residency is playing against you. Don't let it get you down UCSD is, in my opinion, a better program located in a better city, good luck!

Thanks you so much that helped alot

Members don't see this ad :)
jhanchar said:
I wouldn't worry too much about UCI because they are pretty heavy in their California bias. The competitiveness of the UC school system (and cut off formula for secondaries) works as follows: UCI < UCD < UCSD < UCLA < UCSF. It is most likely that your numbers are good but your residency is playing against you. Don't let it get you down UCSD is, in my opinion, a better program located in a better city, good luck!

I agree with your ranking of the UCs (at least as far as numbers, UCI still wins in my book), but are you saying that < means approximately equal to the other school, or are you saying that it is much less than the other school (meaning that the underline is to emphasize how much less it is).

tacrum43 said:
I agree with your ranking of the UCs (at least as far as numbers, UCI still wins in my book), but are you saying that < means approximately equal to the other school, or are you saying that it is much less than the other school (meaning that the underline is to emphasize how much less it is).

im pretty sure he meant that davis/irvine and sf/la are pretty close.