SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UCI still interviewing?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by GrnLt, Apr 28, 2002.

1. GrnLt

GrnLt Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Hey everyone,

I've been on the "hold for interview" list at UCI for quite sometime. Has anyone been pulled off of it recently? Does anyone know if uci is still offering interviews? Thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dr. j

dr. j Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 25, 2002
    You should call Gayle at (949) 824-4617. She is a very nice lady and she will definetly tell you what is going on with the interviews.

Good Luck.

4. Jeffy

Jeffy 7+ Year Member

Mar 29, 2002
    I can't find this anywhere and dont have a copy of the MSAR. What are the mean stats at UCI?

5. Patiently Waiting

Patiently Waiting Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 30, 2001
    Bayee Area
    3.62/10.4 the mean stats don't mean much though.

6. California

California Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 27, 2002
    The Golden State
    I am very sorry but no more interviews are being offered. The last interview day was April 25, 2002. I wish I could bear goods news.

7. SoCalM0

SoCalM0 Junior Member

Apr 2, 2002
    I got an email two days ago saying that "All final decisions regarding interviews will be made by the end of May".

8. GrnLt

Apr 22, 2002
    The date given by "california" and "socalM0" contradict. Can u two tell me who you got your information from? Or if anyone else has any information, when u add it, can u say where you got it from? thanks

9. Luv Nietzsche

Luv Nietzsche Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 20, 2002
    So Cal
    I just drove by UCI Med school on the 26th or 27th & saw a sign (Med School Interviews - Turn here sign). I didn't see it the day before or the day after.

10. Kazzar

Kazzar Psychiatrist 7+ Year Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Ventura, CA
    I work everyday in the College of Medicine at UCI, and there were "Med School Interview" sandwich boards on the street only on April 25. They may have forgot to take the ones down around the main campus, but the ones they put in and around the med school were taken down. They only interview Thursdays too, from what I heard.

Hopefully they have some more interview dates on May 2 or May 9.

11. GrnLt

Apr 22, 2002
    Here's my update. I called UCI and the lady at the admissions office told me that the last interview was schedule on April 19th. If you haven't heard yet, you should be receiving a letter shortly that they could not offer you one.

12. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92' 7+ Year Member

Nov 12, 2001
    A lot of people are envious of my screen name, but I really like yours LUV Neitzche!

13. Luv Nietzsche

Luv Nietzsche Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 20, 2002
    So Cal
    My apology! I meant to say 24th or 25th (Wed or Thur). I counted the days wrong, duh! Hey, altaskier, thanks for the compliment.

14. California

California Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 27, 2002
    The Golden State
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by GrnLt:
    <strong>Here's my update. I called UCI and the lady at the admissions office told me that the last interview was schedule on April 19th. If you haven't heard yet, you should be receiving a letter shortly that they could not offer you one.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The woman in the Admissions Office is incorrect. I INTERVIEWED ON APRIL 25, 2002, AND THE DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS, ELLENA PETERSON, SPECIFICALLY STATED THAT WE WERE INTERVIEWING ON THE LAST DAY! I hope this clears up any confusion.