UCLA accpetance list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dentistplease said:
hi,
Hi dental doc.These where the reasons that i was told by my friend who is studying in ucla about why most students dont join it:

Reasons why most people dont join UCLA:

1.Expensive program.
2.They recently started it so its relatively new.
3.The patient population is very very less and most of the time you fight for cases.
4.Cost of living in that area is more expensive.
USc or UCSF have better patient population.

Hope this helps you.

best of luck

Hi Dentistplease,
You may be correct regarding someof the facts mentioned above....
But if soemone is looking forward for research and Phd etc etc UCLA is the best resource.

Members don't see this ad.

dentistplease said:
hi,
Hi dental doc.These where the reasons that i was told by my friend who is studying in ucla about why most students dont join it:

Reasons why most people dont join UCLA:

1.Expensive program.
2.They recently started it so its relatively new.
3.The patient population is very very less and most of the time you fight for cases.
4.Cost of living in that area is more expensive.
USc or UCSF have better patient population.

Hope this helps you.

best of luck
i agree with u dentistpls
. for those of u who r joining ucla, it would be a good idea to go for ucla housing. its considerably less expensive with a roomate,of course, than off campus housing. i know this coz one girl i know frm ucla ppid, stays thr.

Ann 03 said:
i agree with u dentistpls
. for those of u who r joining ucla, it would be a good idea to go for ucla housing. its considerably less expensive with a roomate,of course, than off campus housing. i know this coz one girl i know frm ucla ppid, stays thr.

Hey Ann,
Do u know any who has joined/joining UCLA this yr?..becos I really don't have any idea out of 9 how many have beeen filled already :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
hi dental doc,

Are you joining UCLA?

hi solafide,

I was wondering if you are going to join UCLA or penn?

Congratulations on both acceptances and best of luck.

i have no idea dental doc :)

Hi there,

Who are all waiting to hear from UCLA..There is a possibility that we might be knowing our stats next week this time(12/21/2004). The clue is apparently UCLA is conducting a financial aid session to those who are all selected for the PPID class of 2007..

So we might be hearing from Nate if any of them is not attending the session.. :thumbup:

Hello guys,

Is any of the sdners have planned to attend the financial aid session @ UCLA this week?..or do you guys know any who will be attending the same?

I know that this yr 32 applicants(including me) are interviewed for the 9 seats they have...Now that I know 4 of them who got accepted are not joining UCLA..I don't have any clue abt the rest :confused:

And among the applicants who are all waitlisted(23) 6 of them have already joined other schools..

Even though I gathered as much as info as possible it is hard to guess where I stand :( . This if becos they refuse to let us know our ranking among the waitlisted candidates..All they say is wait till jan3rd :(

This wait is killing especially for me as this is my only hope :scared:

hi dental doc,

i thought you already have an acceptance at UCSF.I have tried calling Nate but I cant get through.Let me know if you hear anything.
take care and good luck

how do u know that 32 people r in the waiting list.i talked to nate and he told me that they put 9 people in the waiting list.just let me know if i m wrong.
dentaldoc said:
Hello guys,

Is any of the sdners have planned to attend the financial aid session @ UCLA this week?..or do you guys know any who will be attending the same?

I know that this yr 32 applicants(including me) are interviewed for the 9 seats they have...Now that I know 4 of them who got accepted are not joining UCLA..I don't have any clue abt the rest :confused:

And among the applicants who are all waitlisted(23) 6 of them have already joined other schools..

Even though I gathered as much as info as possible it is hard to guess where I stand :( . This if becos they refuse to let us know our ranking among the waitlisted candidates..All they say is wait till jan3rd :(

This wait is killing especially for me as this is my only hope :scared:

hi anny,

i had spoken to Nate today and he said that there are 24 people on the waitlist.He also told me that the 9 candidates have been given a deadline till Jan 3.Unfortunately he cant tell us where on the wait list that we are, but as each of them refuse he will send out more letters.All the students have already been ranked and he will send out invitations according to the ranking.

i hope this helps.
best of luck

hi dentistplease,
i think nate is giving different answers to everybody.
anyway,thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad :)
dentistplease said:
hi anny,

i had spoken to Nate today and he said that there are 24 people on the waitlist.He also told me that the 9 candidates have been given a deadline till Jan 3.Unfortunately he cant tell us where on the wait list that we are, but as each of them refuse he will send out more letters.All the students have already been ranked and he will send out invitations according to the ranking.

i hope this helps.
best of luck

Hi dentist pls,
the only school that invited me for interview in California is UCLA...and now I have only that as my hope..
anyways, thanks for the info and goodluck to u too :luck:

hi dentistplease,
can u pls tell that whether these 9 candidates r those who have been accepted for the program or they r from the waitlist?

dentaldoc said:
Hi dentist pls,
the only school that invited me for interview in California is UCLA...and now I have only that as my hope..
anyways, thanks for the info and goodluck to u too :luck:

hi guys,
i know how u guys feel..Last year i was in the same predicament as you guys..we keep thinking we lost a chance this year ..keep waiting for interview call letter..and then acceptance letters..its a loong painful wait..but eventually all of u will get in somewhere ....may not get into your top choice ... but things will fall into place..its just a matter of time..just hang in there...Good luck to you all.. :) :thumbup:

mili said:
hi guys,
i know how u guys feel..Last year i was in the same predicament as you guys..we keep thinking we lost a chance this year ..keep waiting for interview call letter..and then acceptance letters..its a loong painful wait..but eventually all of u will get in somewhere ....may not get into your top choice ... but things will fall into place..its just a matter of time..just hang in there...Good luck to you all.. :) :thumbup:

Thanks Mili, that's so nice of you :) & goodluck to u too in what ever u do :luck:

hi guys i got a letter from nate....i was in the waiting list and today i got acceptance from UCLA....so u guys might be hearing soon. all the best for u all...

hey,
congratulations!!!! can you tell me if you got e-mail or snail mail.

best of luck

dentistplease said:
hey,
congratulations!!!! can you tell me if you got e-mail or snail mail.

best of luck

I got an email and he said he will be sending me snail mail also.....i will be joining UCLA....

regards.....

Hello guys,
I am wondering whether any one other than luvdent have joined UCLA this yr so far?...I know few from sdn got accepted but didn't join UCLA. But what abt others?
Do any one know any person who already joined UCLA other than luvdent this yr? :confused:

luvdent007 said:
hi guys i got a letter from nate....i was in the waiting list and today i got acceptance from UCLA....so u guys might be hearing soon. all the best for u all...
congrats luvdent
way to go :)

Ann 03 said:
congrats luvdent
way to go :)

Thanks Ann....Do any of u guys know some IDP students in UCLA...could u please gimme their contact numbers...it would be of great help to me....

I am a foreign trained dentist from India and I want to apply for
the Advanced Program for International Dentists that is offered by
California Dental Schools. I would like to apply for the DUGGANS Gateway program to train for the practical test administered by various CA Dental Schools. I would like to know if any one enrolled in the DUGGANS program to prepare for the practical tests administered by USC, UCLA, UCSF, UOP and LLU. Please let me know if anyone found this program useful. The fee is around 8000USD for the Gateway program and I dont mind spending it if it helps in the practical test but I dont want to waste the money if the program is of no use, the DUGGAN website mentions that the Gateway program is useful for students trying to do well in the practical test administered by CA dental schools,
Thank You, :love:

I'm also on the alternate list, now how many people are there?
and realistically how big is the chance of getting in?
:confused:

Hello guys,

Just spoke with Nate and he said they are waiting to hear from 2 people and if they don't join he will call people from the alternate list :scared:

But he refused to tell me how many people in the alternate list are waiting for the 2 seats..So I don't have an idea abt the competetion but definitely not more than 12 I guess. :scared:

I hope the wait won't be longer than a week..

Gooddluck for those who are still waiting :luck:

hi waitlist people,

even I am on the waitlist and am waiting eagerly.Dont know what my chances are but when I had spoken to Nate he had mentioned that they had already graded people and were calling them from the list that they had.

I dont know how many people are there waiting and all but i do know that on the interview day itself 2 or 3 people were shortlisted.

So dental doc, you may never know, it all depends upon how many people they have called from the waitlist and i dont think they were too many considering that only one of them has posted that she was called.

hope this helps and best of luck

I got the acceptance email from Nate. But I am not joining UCLA. so there is at least one more spot for u guys.
yuq

yuqiangw said:
I got the acceptance email from Nate. But I am not joining UCLA. so there is at least one more spot for u guys.
yuq

Hi Yuq,
Thanks for the concern. May I know when did you receive the Email?
Best of luck to u :luck:

yuqiangw said:
I got the email last friday.
good luck to u!

Hi,
Is it true that you have the deadline to pay the deposit till first week of feb?
I am wondering whether they will be waiting till first week of feb to call the next person in wait list? :confused:

This UCLA waitlist is moving like a snail!! :thumbdown:

As far as I know there should be only 6-8 waiting to hear from them for the 2 seats they have...

Hello guys,
I spoke with Nate last week(wednesday) and he said they are still waitin on 2 people to pay the deposit. I guess they will be having their deadlines in this week or next.
So may be any one will get the call soon if those 2 candidates are not joining...

Any one have any updates regarding this? :confused:

feb 9 is the deadline for deposit.

anny said:
feb 9 is the deadline for deposit.
just spoke to Nate today. He said we r waiting for 3 people to pay the deposit. but he dint tell me how many people r still in the waiting

hi, 34 got interviewed for 9 seats. 4 got accepted but dropped out, 6 from waiting got accepted somewhere else (according to dentaldoc)
candidates on the waiting list :scared: (sdners)
anny,
dentaldoc,
dentistplease,
gtdoc,
ayush,
desidoc,
docfeelbett,
international(??,
ivshah,
ragini,
starwars(joining UCSF),
ann03(UCSF),
yugiangw(got acceptance in ucla ,but not joining?)
correct me if i am wrong
Sanju- plz let us know if u r also in the alternate list or got acceptance already))

so 10 people (including myself)so far we know from sdn still on the waiting list.(this info is from sdn)
Do inform us if there is any change in your status. Nate said that he`s gonna inform us by e-mail if there is any change).

sdners who got acceptance :thumbup:
luvdent007,
yugiangw(was on the waiting b4),
Solafide74,
Mrcanine

Congratulations to you guys.
Congrats to ann03 & starwars also.
If there is any other sdn member who got interviewed in ucla with us & not mentioned above, plz let us know their status(if they r waiting or got acceptance)
Plz correct me if am wrong.
Thank you guys.

hi,
i got call from nate today that i have got accepted in UCLA.

anny said:
hi,
i got call from nate today that i have got accepted in UCLA.
Hi anny
congratulations to you :thumbup:

hey dentaldoc, any luck so far??

congrats anny,
thanks dental dooc, i dont think i will be considered as waitlistred any more bcoz i didnt send tht paper for the waitlist, the one which we were supposed to sign and send. anyway i am joininf ucsf for sure
good luck to all those who r waiting.

anny said:
hey guys,

looks like a lot of us are still waiting for a call.
I kind of have given up hope for UCLA.
There are too many people and too less seats, and Nate seems to tell everyone diffrent things.
Anyways best of luck to all you guys.

take care

thanks ragini and ann,
i have got accepted in ucsf as well.most probably,i will join ucsf.
good luck to all of u who r still waiting to hear.

Ragini said:
hey dentaldoc, any luck so far??

Hi,

Not yet :(
As per my calculations out of 34,- 15 on waitlist(sdn and non sdners) have already joined other schools. 5 from sdn are waiting for the acceptance email and I don't have any idea abt the rest 5( non sdners)..

Are you sure abt the 3 unconfirmed seats? becos when I spoke with Nate he told me they are waiting on only 2 of them :confused:

Anyways, Goodluck for those who are all waiting :luck:

dentaldoc said:
Hi,

As per my calculations out of 34,- 15 on waitlist(sdn and non sdners) have already joined other schools. 5 from sdn are waiting for the acceptance email and I don't have any idea abt the rest 5( non sdners)..

Are you sure abt the 3 unconfirmed seats? becos when I spoke with Nate he told me they are waiting on only 2 of them :confused:

dont worry doc i am sure u will get in
good luck to u. whn is ur nyu interview?

Ann 03 said:
dont worry doc i am sure u will get in
good luck to u. whn is ur nyu interview?

Hello Ann,
Hope you are doing fine..Thanks for the consoling words I really need that now...My NYU interview is on feb 24th..

dentaldoc said:
Hello Ann,
Hope you are doing fine..Thanks for the consoling words I really need that now...My NYU interview is on feb 24th..

Hey good luck with the interview

anny said:
thanks ragini and ann,
i have got accepted in ucsf as well.most probably,i will join ucsf.
good luck to all of u who r still waiting to hear.

Anny, U really rock girl :thumbup: :thumbup:
congrats for ucsf acceptance

dentaldoc said:
Hi,

HEy dentaldoc I just counted 7sdners in waiting
dentistplease, dentaldoc, gtdoc, ayush, ivshah, docfeelbett, and me, sanju(i am not sure about her)...... O god this waiting is really killing me. lets all pray together