UCLA- AP classes completely worthless for AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclaapplicant09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go to UCLA and my DPR (degree progress report- for UCLA its our online unofficial transcript) lists the AP classes and the course equivalent I was given credit for. They converted all my passed AP exams into some sort of course name on my online transcript and listed how many course credits I got for those passed exams.

I ordered my official transcript though and the only thing it has is the number of credits from passed AP exams I got. Nothing at all like what my online transcript is like.

I was expecting to use at least my 8 units of English from my AP exam (for the med schools who state online that they accept them). Am I screwed now that UCLA does not have the same info on my DPR as my official transcript? I was planning on going abroad this summer but I think I might have to cancel to take an English course (if any are still open at this point) :( :( :(

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds about right, I do recall taking my prereqs even tho I AP'd out of some of them.

did u get an unofficial copy? it might be different

AP's dont count for med school. If you need to get a year of english in, your AP's don't matter for that. Med schools don't care about your high school coursework. They want your college coursework. That said, you can always take english classes over the summer or just a heavier load another quarter. What's stopping you from going abroad?