UCLA Chemistry Series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLA Paratrooper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Are there any other UCLA premeds that have taken the chemistry 14 series (14A, 14B, 14C, 140)? It seems that we don't have enough credit hours for most schools? Most schools are asking for 1 year of general and organic chemistry, we only have 2/3 year of each. What should we do? Is it going to be a problem? Anyone?

UCLA Paratrooper

Members don't see this ad.

I went to UC Santa Cruz and we only had two quarters of organic chemistry. However, since I was a biochem major I also took quantum and thermodynamics. But, in any event I never had a problem with only 2/3 of a year of organic. I always just filled out the secondaries as if two classes was a full year.

Good luck,

Adam

WoW, I guess I'm old...

I remember when the Gchem courses were called 11A, 11B, 11C and ochem was called 132A, 132B. Anyhow, I took GCHEM 11A, 11B (both of which were 4 units) and two lab classes (11BL and 11CL each 3 units each).

And I took 132A and 132B along with 132BL. I hope thats enough, I don't think its a problem but who am I to say . Good Luck fellow Bruin.

Anyone else experiencing this problem...I suppose its a problem for those who attended a quarter system university.

:rolleyes: :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, I took the 14 series too. I wouldn't worry; I remember getting an e-mail from my phy sci counselor last year telling us to not worry about this problem. Apparently, UCLA's curriculum and what they teach us in those 2 quarters manages to cover everything needed for a year's worth of g. chem.

paratrooper,
I have the same concerns...I think for any doubts you have, u should call the individual schools about the quarter/semester system ambiguity.
I took the 14 series plus 153A, so hopefully that will cover most schools...tho it doesn't fulfull UCSD's requirement! Nobody ever tells us these things!